PDA

View Full Version : PLI Image issue

satsatsat
07-08-10, 22:10
can i ask should i be using the pi image on here or go to pli website and download the daily build version...is there a dfference :confused:

Sicilian
08-08-10, 06:57
can i ask should i be using the pi image on here or go to pli website and download the daily build version...is there a dfference :confused:

Your choice :)

This one http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?654-VuPlus-Support.co.uk-Fully-Loaded-OpenPLi-powered-image-24-05-10-Great-for-newbies Can be up updated to latest build once flashed to your Duo. Press blue button > Software Management > Software Update Using the one here will save you installing the extra addons that are pre-installed.

satsatsat
09-08-10, 00:59
thanx works really well:cool:

dfdream
09-08-10, 09:08
Question..

Anyone using a recent PLi image.
There were issues a few weeks back with new drivers, youtube, video playback, DTS downmix causing issues etc and I wondered if these were still there.

Also do any of these issues appear on the current VTi or DE images.

OldSkulRide
09-08-10, 10:51
video playback is terrible. With 5.0 drivers on PLi.

dfdream
09-08-10, 12:54
Will hold tough so.
Are the same issues on DE or VTi.

Also has anyone got the youtube flv plugin working.
If yes can it play back flv files stored on the VU+ with PLi.

D

dfdream
09-08-10, 15:37
video playback is terrible. With 5.0 drivers on PLi.

OldSkulRide, is this playback of recordings, MKVs, MP4, divx or AVIs.

Ojustaboo
10-08-10, 19:46
Question..

Anyone using a recent PLi image.
There were issues a few weeks back with new drivers, youtube, video playback, DTS downmix causing issues etc and I wondered if these were still there.

Also do any of these issues appear on the current VTi or DE images.

I did have youtube problems, then I did an update and it fixed it's self and worked 100% fine, didn't do an update for a while, did last nights update and I have youtube pics but I have no sound (tried various options both using optical out on my surround sound and the HDMI sound on my TV.)

Vid files that I ftp'd to the box that were working fine, also have no sound. Things recorded on the box do have sound.

Something I've noticed while playing about was that for me, the best quality video playback for bog standard avi files has been to convert them on the PC using handbrake, to ipod touch (default ipod touch setting), and ftp the mp4 files to the vuduo. Not perfect but much much better than trying to play them as avi files (using handbrake nightly build version svn3473 (2010080701) )

OldSkulRide
10-08-10, 20:05
OldSkulRide, is this playback of recordings, MKVs, MP4, divx or AVIs.

avis. I am watching xfiles. Every season is from different release group. I have terrible problems with 5 season. Picture randomly stops but audio goes on. I need to forward video and then its ok for a few minutes.