PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control Problems

pavysingh
07-08-10, 15:17
Hi all,

I've just bought a VU+ duo and flashed it to the dream elite latest image. The remote was working fine and then after an hour of use it stopped working, unless I stand right in front of the box. I've tried reflashing the image and the problem persists. I wuld like to know if qanyone elsehas had the same problem and if so, can it be solve, or is it a faulty box?

Cheers,
Pav

pooface
07-08-10, 22:47
Have you tried changing the batteries?! Usually, when something like this happens, it because of battery being low...

pavysingh
08-08-10, 00:53
Have you tried changing the batteries?! Usually, when something like this happens, it because of battery being low...

Yep, tried three different sets and still have the same problem. When the remote stops working (both official and logitech), I do a hard reset and its starts instantly working again only for the problem to come back again. Could it be the image, or is it a faulty box??

Cheers,
Pav

canthackit
08-08-10, 03:18
it's not the image mate!

if it's happening with both the original and a universal remote it has to be a faulty box.

regards: canthackit

Sicilian
08-08-10, 07:03
If you use your official remote do you have to press a button twice for the receiver to respond? Then once it responds its ok?

canthackit
08-08-10, 09:39
@ The Boss

What's your thinking there Guv?

Sicilian
08-08-10, 09:46
@ The Boss

What's your thinking there Guv?

There have been some driver tweaks for Remote Control Response time in last couple of updates. Even with my official remote, sometimes I have to press a button twice for the Duo to start responding. Think this started after 4.6 update.

OldSkulRide
08-08-10, 10:05
I have same problem Sicillian.

pavysingh
08-08-10, 10:39
If you use your official remote do you have to press a button twice for the receiver to respond? Then once it responds its ok?

Even if I press the button six or seven times it will not respond unless I am about 1 foot away from the box with the remote, the only way I have managed to solve the problem for a couple of hours is by hard resetting the box, but no doubt the problem will continue.

Sicilian
08-08-10, 10:46
Try re-flashing with another image such as latest VTI 1.3, maybe a driver has become corrupt. Let us know how you get on.

pooface
08-08-10, 10:55
Also, it could just be the infra-red sensor in the box was a little bent when it was manufactured, so will only receive the signals from a limited angle wotever. Remember there was a problem with fake dm500's that had the same problem. Just required opening the box and moving the sensor a little...

Other thing to check, you don't have direct sunlight on the sensor do you? I had loads of problems with my dm800 because of this...

pavysingh
08-08-10, 11:15
I don't think its a bent sensor as it works fine from distance for an hour but suddenly stops, also the hard reset doesn't resolve the problem anymore. But thanks for the ideas.

Cheers,

Pav

Sicilian
08-08-10, 11:18
I don't think its a bent sensor as it works fine from distance for an hour but suddenly stops, also the hard reset doesn't resolve the problem anymore. But thanks for the ideas.

Cheers,

Pav

Pooface could have a good point. I had a receiver once with that issue, but after re-flash if you're still having the same issues I'd contact your supplier. I wouldn't recommend taking it apart as its most likely under warranty.

pavysingh
08-08-10, 17:12
I've tried reflashing the image and still no luck, so I think I'm gonna get the box replaced tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your input and help.

Pav

pavysingh
09-08-10, 07:54
I have a very bizarre update for you guys. Two days ago I flashed the box to the latest VU+ duo official image and it did not solve my problem, but I flashed it to Dream Elite 1.3.3F (the latest one) and the problem did not go away. Last night, in preparation for returning the box I reflashed the latest official image and the remote has not had a problem since. I am now wondering if I should get a replacement box or should I stick with this one. I am alsokeen to know if anybody has had similar problems to me, or is my problem a one off and a hardware fault?

pooface
09-08-10, 15:20
I'd say to give it a few days and see how it goes... If all seems to be working fine on original image, then try flashing back to the dream-elite image, and then see how it goes then... If problems, try going back to the original image, and see if that works again or problems...

pavysingh
09-08-10, 15:26
Thanks for the advice pooface, I will give it a couple of days, I am now back on dream elite and all seems to be fine, however it was working the first time for a couple of hours but then decided to stop working, So we'll see how it goes.

Cheers,
Pav