PDA

View Full Version : Spec and pictures of the GiGaBlue HD 800 SE

Sicilian
20-02-12, 17:18
Thought I post some pics of the rapidly growing GiGaBlue HD800SE. Having a play with one at the moment using the Team Red image, got to say extremely impressed so far :) Uses Linux Enigma 2, just like DMM, VU+ or Xtrend. At £169 its a damn steal imo :D

Here's the spec's: -

Specification: -

HDTV Receiver MHEG-2 H 264
333 MHz BCM MIPS Precessor Linux OS
Excellent sound quality in Dolby Digitally
1x DVB-S Sat Tuner built-in
1x Hybrid Tuner (DVB-C & DVB-T) Plug & Play (Optional)
HDMI Connection
Scart Connection
Component access
USB PVR Support of external HDD (HDD Optional)
1xCommoninterface (CI)
1xCardreader
2 x USB 2.0
Ethernet access 10/100 Mbit
S/PDIF Optical access
128 MB Flash / 256 MB RAM
USB Port for adding PVR funtions and more...
Timeshift
Program memory indefinitely
Program change-over less than 1 second
Electronic TV programmes ( EPG )
Videotext
Protection of minors
Plugin Service
OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
Webinterface, WEB Remotcontrol
Videoexits (HDMI, TV SCART (RGB, CVBS), Component (YPbPr)
DISEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3
External power supply12V

MKD
20-02-12, 19:32
Looks very nice for the price , whats the hardware based on DM800HD or the SE as i notice its only got 333 MHz BCM MIPS Precessor Linux OS

Bar that it looks sleek

Sicilian
20-02-12, 19:37
Yep broadcom chip, been playing with the Team Red image, just like a Dream Elite/Black Hole type image, runs all the usual E2 plugins. Crossepg for EPG. Well impressed so far for a budget receiver. Only thing if I had to pick is the display being a bit bright, but nothing a bit of screen tinting film wont cure ;)

Tyler
21-02-12, 01:03
Do I see an rf modulator in them?
Are they easy to set up? Etc etc.
Will there be vix image in time?

Larry-G
21-02-12, 01:10
The bit your thinking looks like a RF modulator is a optional plugin DVB-C/T combo card. as for setup it's a E2 receiver in the true sense of the word so very easy to setup if you have experience of E2 boxes, I'm not sure about a ViX image sic would be best to answer that one.

Tyler
21-02-12, 01:15
Thanks mate.
Is the DVB /T mpeg4 compatible?

Larry-G
21-02-12, 01:17
no idea mate. give the sponsor a shout he will be able to answer that question.

Tyler
21-02-12, 01:19
No bother mate :-)

Mr. Mister
21-02-12, 01:27
Nice looking receiver there..

might have a dig at one of these myself..

I sorta like the bright blue display..

Can an hdd be fitted inside.. ??

If yes.. Is it 2.5 or 3.5.. ??

Vix image for this could be a winner.. as i think at this price it could turn out to be pretty popular..

Tyler
21-02-12, 01:30
Agree mate

mickbrush
21-02-12, 01:34
Come on then get the lid off & can the dvb/c card tuner be swaped for a second dvb-s

silverfox0786
21-02-12, 01:45
Come on then get the lid off & can the dvb/c card tuner be swaped for a second dvb-s

i dont think it can but there is a twin plus dvb/c version too

Sicilian
21-02-12, 06:27
@ Tyler, as pheonix says that the Hybrid DVB-C/T Tuner. Regards mpeg 4, the receiver is mpeg4 compatible, regards the DVB-C/T Tuner. I'm assuming thats for DVB-T in Ireland? If so I'd edge my bets and says its ok.

Doddle to setup guys. Team Red image, add the extra downloads URL and softcams are available in the feeds. Team Red image is similar to a Blackhole/Dream Elite type image.

ViX image, time will tell. Maybe ;)

@ Mickbrush, only DVB-C/T tuner at this stage. Using the pnp DVB-C/T tuner turns this into a combo, you can only use either of the tuners at any one time. I think you maybe able to use a USB Tuner and use both at same time, will test tonight.

Got to say that @ £169 for the single tuner DVB-S2 its a damn steal. Like I said earlier in this thread, runs E2 as DMM, VU+, Xtrend etc... All usual plugins... CoolTVGuide, Crossepg...

@ Mr Mister, no internal HDD, USB HDD only, although on gigablue-support I've seen a German thread where they've managed a modification to fit one inside.

Well worth everypenny at this price imo. I'd say this is the cheapest genuine Enigma 2 receiver on the market at the moment. Could be a DMM clone killer imo :)

Sicilian
21-02-12, 06:33
To let anyone know who might be wondering. The display can be turned off in standby or it can show a clock. So anyone wanting to us this in a bedroom or something, the display wont bother you, but tbh getting quite use it know.

TK4|2|1
21-02-12, 07:50
Would look great with a VFD

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb

Sicilian
21-02-12, 08:35
Would look great with a VFD

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb

It does have a basic VFD.

Rob van der Does
21-02-12, 08:56
It does have a basic VFD.
Indeed it does, but it can easily be enhanced by an extra lcd. This can display all kind of items, varying from what you normally would expect a VFD to display to weather forecasts. Especially handy when a box is hidden in a cupboard.

BTW: This display can be used on all E2-boxes, not just the GigaBlue.

Sicilian
21-02-12, 11:19
Tested scanning on Astra 28.2 this morning. Scanned single satellite scan in approx 20mins, found 1020 services as expected :)

Sicilian
21-02-12, 20:23
Had the GiGaBlue HD 800 SE running all day, just checked it and it's amazingly cool for a fanless receiver, just very slightly warm :) The PSU is external and that's well cool too :)

Sicilian
22-02-12, 11:04
Tested out the OpenAAF image based on Openpli lastnight http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16205-OpenAAF-beta-GigaBlue-800SE

Very impressed, works extemelly well, stable and fast :) Will post some screenshots later.

bmitie
10-08-13, 09:50
er any screenshots? and how do i know which model to get, want single dvb s/s2 tuner and the dvb c/t tuner??

thanks

b