PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VU+DUO, having problems setting up EPG to USB STICK

mark T
20-02-12, 14:54
hi Again, I am still having problems getting the EPG to save to a usb mem stick. I cannot get the mem stick to map. I have even tried to format it in the receiver but it will not remap. I am having problems setting up the UK epg on 28. I have the EPG auto download set up for 23.55pm on Rytec SKYUK, SKYUK and Rytec BE-NL-SKYUK-TELESAT. It only seems to be saving a few channel epg's. I have mounted the USB, moved the path file to medis/usb/epg.dat, pressed red mountpoints ans set to media usb, save and restart box. Checked devise manager and the USB is still not mapped. I have done this 3-4 times and the result is always the same.Im relativlely new to this type of receiver so im learning but still very unsure as whot to do. So help would be great Thanks

Stanman
20-02-12, 21:46
dont add the file name to the map.

Please restart and map the stick as FAT32 on a PC and put into the box and restart.

Press blue button>VIX>Mount manager and select the USB and go left right to change mount point to USB (should not have to as image should auto mount it)

If this works go into EPG and change EPG location to USB by using left / right button and than configure your EPG provider

mark T
26-02-12, 21:21
Hi I have done this as you say but when I go into device manager it tells me the stick is not mapped. I go right to USB and save. Boxes reboots and when I check it again its still not mapped. The usb is working ok on my pc and its formmated to fat32. What am I doing wrong

mark T
26-02-12, 21:22
Also what does VIX mean. I thought that was a program, im using black hole

Stanman
26-02-12, 22:39
Sorry thats my mistake I thought you were using the VIX image.

Tkr001
27-02-12, 06:18
Also what does VIX mean. I thought that was a program, im using black hole

VIX is an image, just like Blackhole is. If you are using Blackhole then you shouldn't be posting in the VIX section of the forum. Or you could always change to VIX and get a better image with support second to none. :D

mark T
05-03-12, 14:21
As I said, Ive done all you say and but it says stick is not mounted. What am I doing wrong