View Full Version : vu uno constant crash and freeze

terryuk22
19-02-12, 22:24
what i want to do is take it back to factory and start again
what files are needed
Thanks

Stanman
19-02-12, 22:38
Just your config files and autotimers are a must keep, everything else you can download / setup again.

terryuk22
19-02-12, 22:41
what do u mean config files
got my channel list backed up cfg files backed
but the Q again what do i need to set it to factory default so to reload

factory reset in menu then the vix image is that right

Stanman
19-02-12, 22:44
config file is the CFG file.

If you do a factory reset, I think ti deletes the ccam file so will need to reload that and CFG file, your channel settings and any other changes you made to the default setup.

terryuk22
19-02-12, 22:51
well did a factory reset still see vix there do i need to load the orig uno file from somewhere to start again.
if anyone else has done this a few instuctions will be most welcome

Stanman
19-02-12, 23:02
You will see the VIX logo as facotry reset means it resets the box as if you installed VIX for the first time and not factory reset in the sense it resets the box to the way it was when it first shipped out.

Do the online updates and reinstall your ccam and see if you still get a crash but if you do please ensure you enable logs now and than either post them here or send to us via the box - only way we can get to the bottom of your issue.

terryuk22
19-02-12, 23:28
yes i agree the crash logs will be better

Larry-G
19-02-12, 23:31
a factory reset only takes the box back to the last image reflash. if you want the factory default firmware you will need to flash it to the box.

terryuk22
20-02-12, 00:12
thats what i asked in the very opening of this thead.......................................

Larry-G
20-02-12, 00:20
thats what i asked in the very opening of this thead.......................................

Yes i know hence my reply.