PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, 4OD, 5OD Etc

Markymark
19-02-12, 12:01
Hi,

Just a quick one really as I was reading about YouView and it made me think about if any of the following are available on VIX images (via plug in)?

BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, 4OD, 5OD

Can you install a browser and view them that way or would that require the use of flash?

Larry-G
19-02-12, 12:08
none of those are available on any enigma based receiver although Dream Multimedia have a BBC Iplayer plugin as a result of a competition it held a couple of years ago. The closest you will get for the time being is the Mytube plugin for YouTube videos.

Rob van der Does
19-02-12, 12:39
Doesn't the BBC have plans for introducing HBBTV, as is becoming the standard in large parts of Europe?

Markymark
19-02-12, 12:54
Do we know if any of these are actually ever going to appear in the future, or is it more a pipe dream.

Sandman
19-02-12, 13:00
Do we know if any of these are actually ever going to appear in the future, or is it more a pipe dream.

Well Vu+ are talking about their next models being XBMC integrated so its likely there will be plugins then since there are plugins for XBMC...

Get yourself into HTPC's....any satellite tinkerer should have an HTPC...its the law :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
19-02-12, 14:29
Doesn't the BBC have plans for introducing HBBTV, as is becoming the standard in large parts of Europe?

At the moment German and Dutch public channels already support HBBTV (possibly other countries as well). The ET's do support that with good result.
I have no idea if the BBC has plans in that direction (but they really should....)

Well Vu+ are talking about their next models being XBMC integrated so its likely there will be plugins then since there are plugins for XBMC...
VU+ also has plans for the present STB's to support HBBTV.