PDA

View Full Version : Just an is this normal question

rus52
19-02-12, 11:01
Hi All,

This is my first Enigma box and all is going well, but I have one query....

When I power the box up or take out of standby I usually have to go up and down the channels until I get a picture SNR shows 0 but after filicking up and down the channels, the first time it hits a signal then I can open up any channel afterwards (this is Normal UK freeview). TBH I can live with it but Just wanted to know if this is normal as I couldnt find anything about it on the forum.

ET6000 Using latest VIX Image.

Rob van der Does
19-02-12, 11:08
I can't speak for the 6000, but that is certainly no normal behaviour.

punisher
19-02-12, 11:11
i dont think thats normal, as it doesnt happen on my et5k, et9k or uno lol are you using any cams, plugins? you using a FTA card or anything?

rus52
19-02-12, 11:15
It seems as though the tuner has to warm up as once it gets going its ok, It was also coming up tune failed all the time when flicking through so I went into settings and set Hide Zap Errors dunno if this helps identify the problem any.
done a bit more testing and also same happens when playing a file through the media player then going back to sat channels.

It's a new box only got it last week from the forum sponsor preloaded with vix image and got everything else running perfectly just this last thing now.

Sicilian
19-02-12, 11:15
How are you putting it in standby? Are you pressing standby or shutting down the receiver by pulling power?

rus52
19-02-12, 11:17
I have cccam 2.2.1

Plugins are Cross EPG Downloader, Media Player, Media Scanner, OpenWebif,
PicturePlayer, VLC Video Player

No cards

Standby using remote

Sicilian
19-02-12, 11:20
So if you tune to BBC1 HD now, then put in standby and take out of standby there is no picture?

rus52
19-02-12, 11:24
just did that test and no picture, but if i go channel up/down until SNR gets any reading then go back to BBC1 its ok

Sicilian
19-02-12, 11:28
What is your setup? Fixed/motor dish? Can you check the LNB with another receiver? also check the coax for any shorts.

I would re-flash the receiver http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14037-How-to-flash-Upgrade-ET6000-via-USB-memory-stick-Kernal-3-0-1

Latest ViX http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13913-ViX-Team-ET6x00-Image-v2-3-Images-releases&p=113091&viewfull=1#post113091

Transfer a set of Enigma 2 settings/bouquets from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

Guide to send settings http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

Then report back, do not install any plugins or softcams until tested.

rus52
19-02-12, 11:29
Fixed dish using my Sky HD dish, everything worked as normal on the sky box but got rid of that now so cant re-test on that but I can go borrow another reciever to try also. I'll reflash and complete the tests also, thanks for the help

Stanman
19-02-12, 17:01
I have cccam 2.2.1

Plugins are Cross EPG Downloader, Media Player, Media Scanner, OpenWebif,
PicturePlayer, VLC Video Player

No cards

Standby using remote

Thats your problem.

rus52
19-02-12, 19:41
ok finished testing.... didnt think i needed a card for the freeview channels though else they shouldnt work by changing the channel up/down?

re-flashed with fresh Vix image and loaded Bouquets by Silverfox = still getting the same on BBC1
re-flashed again and let the box do an automatic scan of channels found BBC1 from the list and no good but up/down channels a few times then it worked. then Power off/On using the remote power button only and Tune failed, then the channel up/down worked to get it going again.
tried the other sat cable (two cables in from the dish as the old sky box was twin tuner) into the box and still the same
Tried a mates box (openbox) and no problems with that reciever.

rus52
20-02-12, 20:48
Hi all,

Tried OpenPli and still the same issue, completed the same test by flashing the image then completing the setup wizard and letting the box do an automatic scan of channels. then from the TV button on the remote selecting a standard freeview channel and no SNR and no picture but after 20/30 seconds of flicking up/down the channels and the SNR appearing all the freeview channels work as they should.

Powering the box off (using the power button on the remote) then waiting 5 seconds then powering back on results in no picture again but power off then instantly back on the picture comes up straight away it seems that the tuner is not waking up correctly.

Sorry to be a nuisance with this just a little worried that it may be a faulty tuner?

Sicilian
20-02-12, 20:55
Send a pm to the sponsor.

rus52
21-02-12, 22:15
Ran this by Stef at WOS did one last test which was to try the box on someone else's sat dish and the box worked perfectly and the problem has ended up looking like it is my LNB.
So i'm happy with that and jsut thought id post back here in case anyone else gets a similar problem.

Strange thing is though the dish/lnb worked perfectly with the old box so maybe just some sort of partial incompatibility, ahh well who cares a universal LNB is only around £10 and easy to change so that'll do me.
..... unless I can squirrel some cash away from the wife, order me a motorised dish from the sponsor then fit it while she's out :D
hehe knowing me though id go flying n fall off the ladder trying to rush

punisher
21-02-12, 23:26
Haha i tried doin it before the wife got in 1 day and it turned out taken me a couple weekends haha wife was not impressed that i kept ruining weekend tv viewing while i messed about with the sat lol

But glad u finally got to the bottom of it mate, great support from stef as always :D