PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a power supply board?

Mr.McGee
18-02-12, 09:50
Hi,

I need to find a new power supply board for my Duo. I found one place in Australia but the shipping costs will be too much. A European supplier is preferable.

Cheers!

Larry-G
18-02-12, 10:03
maybe try having a word with the site sponsor to see if he can source one for you.

satmanbasil
18-02-12, 12:06
Hi mate

Contact the manufacturer they will have details of service centers etc.

regards

Dell_XPS
18-02-12, 14:33
Hi mate

Contact the manufacturer they will have details of service centers etc.

regards

Quite difficult to get in touch with Vu direct, had the same problem as you, power supply went, luckily got It fixed under warranty after a weeks, how long have you had your Vu ?

Mr.McGee
18-02-12, 14:40
Quite difficult to get in touch with Vu direct, had the same problem as you, power supply went, luckily got It fixed under warranty after a weeks, how long have you had your Vu ?

The box is 18 months old. I went ahead and ordered from the Oz site as it came to 47€ including shipping so not as expensive as I expected.
Thanks for the info guys.

I sent an email to Vu+ but no answer. They seem pretty useless on this front.

Larry-G
18-02-12, 14:45
This is only the second account i have heard of this type of problem,I know this is of no help to you noe but I'll have a word with the sponsor and see if he cant source a few spare parts to keep in stock.

smaxy
18-02-12, 15:30
I had a capacitor fail on the psu on my out of warranty Vu+Duo, nil customer support from Vu, no response to my email enquiry, in the end I had it fixed at work.

Dell_XPS
18-02-12, 17:21
Yup, trying to contact Vu direct is impossible, better contacting Steff at WOS !! top bloke.

Mr.McGee
19-02-12, 01:10
It's a pity that their customer support sucks. They don't even acknowledge customers posting on their Facebook page ffs. I held them in high regard when the Vu+ Duo was rock solid compared to the DM800 I replaced (not wanting to start a DM bashing thread). Probably says something that I replaced the dead Duo with a Vu+ Uno. Not sure if I'll keep the Vu+ Duo or Solo as I've no need for a third box. Backup maybe :) Anyway, Vu+, sort out your Customer Support skills.

Dell_XPS
19-02-12, 20:02
Agree with you m8 !!