PDA

View Full Version : HDMI CEC problem BH 1.7.2 and earlier (also VU+ 7.0 original) HDMI port monopolized

Nice Monkey
17-02-12, 16:46
I have a problem with HDMI-CEC in combination with Philips TV's
The one I am using mainly is a current model 42PFL7676h

The problem is that the HDMI-CEC plugin monopolizes the HDMI-Port configured.
What I mean by that is:
- The TV is switched to the HDMI port as configured permanently as long it is not put in Deep Standby mode or Powered-OFF.
Putting the VU+ in standby does not help either. Still keeping my TV locked on that port.
- Using the remote of the TV is is totally impossible to switch to another HDMI resource.
Any selection to any other HDMI port flips back immediately to the VU+ (must unplug its cable to watch anything else)
Only selecting Analog ports as the Source still does work on the TV
- Changing the HDMI port for the TV on the VU+ HDMI-CEC panel moves the behavior to the corresponding port on the TV.
Happens also with the latest v7.0 code from VU+ itself.

Things get even uglier if one tries any new code with the VU+ connected via HDMI not being port-1:
- All new codes have HDMI-CEC enabled by default with HDMI Port-1 as the default entry
- If a Philips TV is actually connected to another HDMI port the following happens:
= The VU+ will boot normally and via lets say HDMI port-2 the initial screen pop's up
= The GUI will be started and next the TV is switched automatically to HDMI port-1
= Obviously the screen on the TV turns black ("No signal is detected" display)
= The VU+ seems to hang but in fact isn't, provided someone moves it now physically to HDMI Port-1
This took me busy for at least half a day. Tried analog and everything. Loaded several recent releases etc etc

After finding teh root cause:
Tried changing all HDMI-CEC options and combinations but none helps here.
Does not matter what action is selected for VU-On, VU-standby or VU deep sleep etc.
Only reverting back to a older release with HDMI-CEC disabled got things working again.
Repeat this also happens with v7.0 original factory images.

Nice Monkey
17-02-12, 17:33
Additional information:

Using the Blue "Disconnect" option on the HDMI-CEC panel frees my TV
With Yellow "Connect" (the TV is then on another port) brings me back.