PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] System Crash (Black Screen with Vix error) But no error log produced??

mcquaim
17-02-12, 11:30
Hi there,

I have had a few crashes over the last few days (Mostly browsing the EPG with Zap's etc.) so last night I decided I was going to submit the log to the lads for once. However, when I when into the logs manager there were none there at all.

I checked the settings and the logs seem to be enabled and the location matches so not sure what is happening here.

Anyone come across this before? :confused:

Cheers,
Mac

Jaffna
17-02-12, 11:42
Same here 2or3 times a day

mcquaim
17-02-12, 11:52
Same here 2or3 times a day

The crashing or the lack of logs?

Mine wouldn't crash that much but it only gets used for a few hours every eve after work so not being exposed as much as most other boxes I presume...

Larry-G
17-02-12, 13:40
have you looked into the logs manager ?
menu> setup> system> logs> logs manager.

mcquaim
17-02-12, 13:45
Hi pheonix, yeah that is where I was looking last night and it wasn't listing anything..

Everything looked fine in the Menu-->Setup-->System-->Logs-->Settings menu too, strange one.

I assume if I do get one of those Vix screens that I should get a crash log?

Larry-G
17-02-12, 13:51
you should yes. where do you have it set to save them ?.

mcquaim
17-02-12, 13:55
Whatever the default is, from memory I think it said home\root\logs ??

Larry-G
17-02-12, 14:06
yeah it should be home/root/logs.

have you looked on the box it self to see if there there but not showing in the logs manager ?.
also have you tried setting them to say a usb stick ?. this is where i set mine to.

mcquaim
17-02-12, 14:08
have you looked on the box it self to see if there there but not showing in the logs manager ?.
also have you tried setting them to say a usb stick ?. this is where i set mine to.

I hadn't thought of that, I will give that a lash this evening.

Thanks for the help pheonix :thumbsup:

mcquaim
17-02-12, 17:48
Hi pheonix,

I checked the /home/root/logs/ directory abd no sign of any logs. I changed the directory to /media/usb/logs/ and recreated the crash and it still didn't produce any logs.

Is the below settings correct?

The issue seems to be around skipping a day or so forward in the EPG using the > key, then zapping a channel and when I exit I'm getting a system crash.

andyblac
18-02-12, 11:38
Hi pheonix,

I checked the /home/root/logs/ directory abd no sign of any logs. I changed the directory to /media/usb/logs/ and recreated the crash and it still didn't produce any logs.

Is the below settings correct?

The issue seems to be around skipping a day or so forward in the EPG using the > key, then zapping a channel and when I exit I'm getting a system crash.

there is bug in the current version if the 'Debug Log" is disabled crash get deleted on gui restart, sorry fixed in coming updates, for now just turn on the debug logs.

mcquaim
18-02-12, 17:53
Cheers Andy, I'll turn on the debug logs for now and send the crash log!