PDA

View Full Version : Talk Talk

Stanman
16-02-12, 23:56
Very close to pulling the trigger on moving from Bethere to TT but before I do would like to hear any who has them.

I will be going all the way so BB and Phone on the Plus package.

Not a heavy down loader occasional TV shows but mainly images from here.

What are your experiences and on average how quickly can you download an image from WOS?

Thought about BT Infinity but unlimited is to expensive with anytime calls and 40GB is not enough.

pooface
17-02-12, 10:44
As I said, I'm with talk talk, and get no problems whatsoever...

Here's a screen of sabnzbd from most recent downloads:

As can see, fairly decent speed. Just downloaded latest ultimo beta image ... 50mb in about 30 seconds...

Been with em for about 3 years now ... only ever had 1 or 2 problems, and all sorted quickly... They have a talktalkmembers support forum where they have support agents visit there and help with problems. Always found that better than using the phone support who usually just follow scripts!

However, I would say it's best to try and get answers from people in your area... I know some people who have had lots of problems, because their exchange is over subscribed with talk talk...

Any problems are usually reported here:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/service-status/

According to their exchange checker, I should get 10.85mbps, but I connect at around 20mbps ;)

Stanman
17-02-12, 17:32
I think I might know some one will have a word with them and take it from there.

Stanman
07-03-12, 23:28
Took the plunge and due to go live this Friday.

I had a play around my sisters house as realised they were on Talktalk and speeds were good. So fingers crossed all goes well. Ruddy router has not turned up and due to go live in two days:D

BadBoy
07-03-12, 23:46
Talk talk is good, but the free router was causing me issues, kept disconnecting and then would hang. Bought a TP link and my connection is stable.