PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Page Up/Down - Single & Multi EPG's

Silent
16-02-12, 22:50
Hi Guys

I can't seem to get my head around why there is no Page up or Down in the EPG's and why the Channel Up/Down buttons change bouquets instead.

- From the Multi EPG all you need to press is Exit to get a list of all the bouquets, so it only saves you one click.
- From the Single EPG all you need to press is Blue to get a list of all the bouquets, then you have to click it so it only saves you two clicks.

To me it seems like it would be far more time saving and useful to have Channel Up/Down doing Page Up/Down?

I tried modifying /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml however it looks like pageUp and pageDown aren't implemented in ChannelSelectBaseActions or EPGSelectActions, since I just get the big 'computer says no' sign when I try to press those buttons.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are really and whether it bothers anyone else. This is one of the 2 things I really miss about my Sky box, the other being able to press the blue button which brought up the last-viewed channel.

Cheers
Silent

judge
16-02-12, 23:05
Don't 2 & 8 do page up/page down or are you on about something else?
I didn't know about the channel up & down worked they way they do in VIX EPG, nice one, thanks.

Sicilian
17-02-12, 08:32
Take a look in Menu > Setup > system > Button setup.

andyblac
18-02-12, 11:35
Hi Guys

I can't seem to get my head around why there is no Page up or Down in the EPG's and why the Channel Up/Down buttons change bouquets instead.

- From the Multi EPG all you need to press is Exit to get a list of all the bouquets, so it only saves you one click.
- From the Single EPG all you need to press is Blue to get a list of all the bouquets, then you have to click it so it only saves you two clicks.

To me it seems like it would be far more time saving and useful to have Channel Up/Down doing Page Up/Down?

I tried modifying /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml however it looks like pageUp and pageDown aren't implemented in ChannelSelectBaseActions or EPGSelectActions, since I just get the big 'computer says no' sign when I try to press those buttons.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are really and whether it bothers anyone else. This is one of the 2 things I really miss about my Sky box, the other being able to press the blue button which brought up the last-viewed channel.

Cheers
Silent

in single lists, the default keys for page up/down are left/right keys, it is the same all over the image. no point changing this unless the gui requires, i.e. take QuickEpg (info bar epg) for example, as the defaulting open this with left/right, it make sense to keep the channel switch to left/right and not for page up/down.

Rob van der Does
18-02-12, 11:46
Furthermore: use the 'help'-button. It shows a contents dependant button lay-out.

andyblac
18-02-12, 12:05
Furthermore: use the 'help'-button. It shows a contents dependant button lay-out.

only in coming update ;)

Silent
19-02-12, 12:52
Didn't know about 2 & 8 (or the help button), thanks all.

Rob van der Does
19-02-12, 14:31
Didn't know about 2 & 8 (or the help button), thanks all.
But as Andy said: in the coming upgrade will be more help-support.