PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Audio Description

Markymark
16-02-12, 12:03
Ive set the default audio to English, however it seems to always select the NAR option. How do I get this not being the default option where available?

satmanbasil
16-02-12, 12:09
Hi mate

Far as i remember when you change it on the channel this will remain your default however when the receiver reboots it resets the audio description again im not sure of any settings that turn this off period.

regards
satmanbasil

satplustv
16-02-12, 16:25
When on a channel with NAR audio working simply PRESS the audio button and then change the Audio setting to the non NAR English option (repeat each time you come accross a channel with NAR activated) !

This will then store as default and you will not need to change it again in the future unless you reflash your receiver with another image...

mcquaim
16-02-12, 16:41
Ive set the default audio to English, however it seems to always select the NAR option. How do I get this not being the default option where available?

Make sure to also select "Prefer AC3" in the Audio Selection meno.

punisher
16-02-12, 18:44
Press menu/setup/system/auto language selection/

Select your Audio Language 1
Set Prefer AC3 to Yes
Set Prefer Audio Stream Stored by Service to No

Press Green (OK)

barry2012
28-10-14, 15:13
Whenever i turn off narrative mode the picture or what ever am watching crashes i turn over channel then turn back and turn narative mode off
it crashes again done what punisher said hopefully it works

Sorry just realised this section is about the vu- box

Larry-G
28-10-14, 16:23
Whenever i turn off narrative mode the picture or what ever am watching crashes i turn over channel then turn back and turn narative mode off
it crashes again done what punisher said hopefully it works

Sorry just realised this section is about the vu- box

Do you have any crash logs associated with these events ? And if so please upload them so we can try to see what's happening.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

barry2012
28-10-14, 17:04
No theres no logs theres Strange what happened thou as its audio
its like watchin sky 1 then narrative kicks in so i press audio then go down to turn it off
then the program stalls only when turn over and back to sky 1 back to narrative wont let
me go to mpeg english, was wondering i Had the tec-nano oe backup
when i got new combo i plugged usb from other nano into it done restore weather i have done wrong

Acidmoto
25-11-16, 20:19

Set Prefer AC3 to Yes

Press Green (OK)

Hi my remote has menu / installation/ main settings/tool/network where can I find audio please.

Andy_Hazza
25-11-16, 20:21
Hi my remote has menu / installation/ main settings/tool/network where can I find audio please.

Are you using ViX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acidmoto
26-11-16, 14:01
Hello Andy I am using an arriva s300 (furguson)

serval
15-11-17, 18:45

Set Prefer AC3 to Yes

Press Green (OK)

Hi i have just recently started getting voice over on some channels my audio settings are like you mentioned above but it makes no difference.. when i click audio button on remote i only have the NAR option.. im about to do a factory reset as its really p!ssing me off.. any other ideas ??

j4g3d
15-11-17, 19:28
Hi i have just recently started getting voice over on some channels my audio settings are like you mentioned above but it makes no difference.. when i click audio button on remote i only have the NAR option.. im about to do a factory reset as its really p!ssing me off.. any other ideas ??

Same here. Just randomly started happening last week on my box that died on me a day later. Bought a new box today from WOS and the same NAR is on with some HD channels and no way to turn the annoying thing off.

I doubt a factory reset will solve since many have this issue.

Hope someone can help us??

ccs
15-11-17, 19:36
This is a year old thread. (actually started nearly 6 years ago.)

Try a more recent one....... http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58195-Narrator-voice-on-Virgin-channels