PDA

View Full Version : where is epg.dat file stored ? ?

dan44762000
16-02-12, 11:53
running iq 08/11/11 image .
need to find that file delete and do a manual download of sources again .

also how can i make sure that all epg data is sent too my usb on the rear and not on the hdd of the recever (if it can be called a hdd)

satuser22
16-02-12, 12:18
I recently had to figure it all out and as far as I can tell the epg info is stored in some sort of flash memory not in that epg.dat file (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) The epg.dat file is then created when the box is being rebooted so that when it starts up again it can load the epg.dat file into memory.

As for the location, I think when the usb is in the rear it will automatically save to it when rebooting?

dan44762000
16-02-12, 12:22
I recently had to figure it all out and as far as I can tell the epg info is stored in some sort of flash memory not in that epg.dat file (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) The epg.dat file is then created when the box is being rebooted so that when it starts up again it can load the epg.dat file into memory.

As for the location, I think when the usb is in the rear it will automatically save to it when rebooting?

thanks for that but i have restarted box and the epg.dat file is not in rear usb stick
dan

satuser22
16-02-12, 18:39
Hmm, I can't remember how I got it to save there but did you initialise the disk at the back? Can you access it by ftp?