PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] On screen reminders

Guinness.cobra
16-02-12, 01:05
Hi guys - for programme reminders - I can either choose to zap to the program or record it via the timer. Is there anyway I can get an onscreen reminder when I am watching a channel and then decide if I want to zap, record or most importantly ignore it.

For example this evening I was watching masterchef which I had paused for a while. However at 10 the channel zapped to channel 4 as I had a timer set to zap. If I had an on screen reminder I would have chosen to ignore it.

Is this possible?

basilyoung
16-02-12, 01:10
Hi guys - for programme reminders - I can either choose to zap to the program or record it via the timer. Is there anyway I can get an onscreen reminder when I am watching a channel and then decide if I want to zap, record or most importantly ignore it.

For example this evening I was watching masterchef which I had paused for a while. However at 10 the channel zapped to channel 4 as I had a timer set to zap. If I had an on screen reminder I would have chosen to ignore it.

Is this possible?

I dont think so, but if you record instead, your current channel would stay active, and recording would be in the background, you will then have the option of watching the recording, from the start, whilst its still recording, ( I think, not actually tried this myself )

judge
16-02-12, 01:18
I dont think so, but if you record instead, your current channel would stay active, and recording would be in the background, you will then have the option of watching the recording, from the start, whilst its still recording, ( I think, not actually tried this myself )

Yes this does work extremely well, I use it all the time myself.
However what Guinness.cobra suggests would be a nice addition to the VIX image, not possible at the moment but hopefully one day andy will work his magic on it.