PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] 2 simple questions re tuners, and PIP

manikm
15-02-12, 23:30
i have fixed 28.2e into tuner 1, and a motorised into tuner 2

questions:

a) how do i change channel in PIP, whenever i press PIP, its always the same channel showing as the main one.

b) how do i quickly get back to the channel on tuner2, when im on tuner1?

and is there a channel "back button"? to get me back to recently looked at channels.

Markymark
15-02-12, 23:36
I've not mastered the PIP myself. It looks all very complex.

basilyoung
16-02-12, 00:51
i have fixed 28.2e into tuner 1, and a motorised into tuner 2

questions:

a) how do i change channel in PIP, whenever i press PIP, its always the same channel showing as the main one.

b) how do i quickly get back to the channel on tuner2, when im on tuner1?

and is there a channel "back button"? to get me back to recently looked at channels.

once PIP is activated, it would select the current channel, you then go to the second channel you want to watch, click ok ( only works well in sd format, not HD ) then you should see the first channel in the PIP piccy, and the second channel as main piccy

yellow botton will switch the pip to the first channel

Rob van der Does
16-02-12, 08:17
Once PiP has been activated you have additional options under the blue-button, such as PiP-ZAP (zaps in the PiP-screen instead of the main screen), PiP-SWAP (swaps channel in PiP & main screen) and Move PiP (option for moving and resizing the PiP-screen).

On a one-tuner box the functionality of PiP is obviously very limited, as in PiP only channels can be seen that are on the same transponder as the channel on the mainscreen.

On boxes with multiple tuners the functionality is much better (but will of course be limited by recordings in progress). However: as the ET- & VU boxes have only one videodecoder (hardware limitation), the picture in the PiP-screen will be stuttering on HD-channels (shows only whole frames). This can be overcome by using the PiP-Servicerelation-plugin: that allows the corresponding SD-channel to be in PiP.

Foxylady
16-02-12, 10:37
Ignore, wrong section

manikm
16-02-12, 14:29
how do you move the PIP location

and how do u swap between channel shown on MAIN and PIP?

THANKS!

Rob van der Does
16-02-12, 17:24
how do you move the PIP location
and how do u swap between channel shown on MAIN and PIP?
You didn't read my post? I can't explain it better then that.

manikm
19-02-12, 10:51
oh foxylady told us to ignore!!! so i did. sorry m8, lol