PDA

View Full Version : Understanding HDMI CEC

jassie
15-02-12, 18:33
I am interested in using this function, but I'm not clear of what each of these options will do, I want to turn the tv on using the power button on the receiver and would also like to switch it off along with the tv, but if the receiver wakes up to do an epg download will the tv switch on in the middle of the night:eek:, thanks:thumbsup:

satmanbasil
16-02-12, 12:18
Hi mate

You have the option for the tv to kickstart the receiver or vise versa as you see its a simple case of yes/no and save. on my samsung i much perfer only to use the ident of my vu duo in the equipment list leaving the operation of tv or duo remotes to there own use rather than using the tv or duo to do both as one wrong button press by somebody not aware they are connected could cause you problems for one piece of equipment.

regards
satmanbasil

tsx
16-02-12, 13:13
Snap ^^^^

I do the same with my Samsung c750, otherwise if the sat box goes into standby whilst I'm watching something from another source the TV switches off.

jassie
16-02-12, 23:45
I don't really use any other sources much, I've got a freeview box connected which when my tv alarm goes off brings me to itv4 which it's been stuck on for a couple of years. Then theres a blue ray player which I've had for 3 years, but only ever played 5 minutes of one film on. So I have set it up when the tv is switched off the vu goes off too and to turn on the vu also brings the tv on to the correct hdmi setting when otherwise I always had to scoot past itv4 on the freeview box first. I am happy with this setting but does my epg update itself ok while the vu is off without turning on as it's set to do that every day at 5am and I don't need to be waking up till 7am:thumbsup:

satmanbasil
18-02-12, 12:40
Hi mate

You can change the time days etc of the epg data collection by going

Menu >>> Setup >>>System >>> EPG >>> XMLTV Import

Select the line you wish to edit and change albeit time - days - enable/disable when done press the green button to confirm changes

regards

jassie
18-02-12, 15:36
Hi mate

You can change the time days etc of the epg data collection by going

Menu >>> Setup >>>System >>> EPG >>> XMLTV Import

Select the line you wish to edit and change albeit time - days - enable/disable when done press the green button to confirm changes

regards

I was thinking I'd have to change the time not to disturb me, but I see the epg has been updating itself just fine while the stb's been on standby so that's perfect, cheers:thumbsup: