PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Plasma TV

mark_hopley
12-02-12, 12:26
Possibly toying with the idea of replacing my pride and joy. 9th generation 50" Pioneer Plasma TV. The last model they produced before pulling out of the market. Approx 3 years old and still have the original box it came in when new. Superb picture quality.

What the general opinion of its value?

digi247
12-02-12, 14:08
Possibly toying with the idea of replacing my pride and joy. 9th generation 50" Pioneer Plasma TV. The last model they produced before pulling out of the market. Approx 3 years old and still have the original box it came in when new. Superb picture quality.

What the general opinion of its value?

Depends which model is it the LX509XD, LX5090 etc, also dependant on condition dead, Stuck pixels any scratches on screen black surround etc... and also idi you get the free 5 Year Pioneer warranty that is transferable I have seen these go for around £850 on another forum so i would say anything between £800 - £1000.

I had 4 different generations of the pioneer plasma's and i know what a cracking TV they are infact there is still not a Plasma today that can match the blacks that a Kuro can output, Thats probably why they still hold there price quite well.

My advice would be to hang onto it i still regret selling my 50" 08 series 2 years ago since then i have had around 6 plasma's from LG,Samsung,Panasonic etc. and none have matched the picture from the pioneer.

Good Luck

mark_hopley
12-02-12, 14:33
Pretty much where I thought it would be price wise. My reason for thinking of selling is that for not much more I could get a Panasonic 3D smart TV. I know the pic quality on the pioneer will not be matched but I'm thinking is the panasonic that much worse? I would then be back to a brand new tv and also have the 3D and smart capabilities also.

pooface
12-02-12, 14:57
Pretty much where I thought it would be price wise. My reason for thinking of selling is that for not much more I could get a Panasonic 3D smart TV. I know the pic quality on the pioneer will not be matched but I'm thinking is the panasonic that much worse? I would then be back to a brand new tv and also have the 3D and smart capabilities also.

To be honest ... I wanted to upgrade to a 3d set to have the 3d capabilities... I've watched about 4 3d films in 5 months... The smart features I've not used that much... If I were you, I'd suggest to keep the Kuro ;) Wait another couple of years for more 3d films to be released... By then, better sets will be out ;)

digi247
12-02-12, 15:01
Mark i would seriously consider the samsung D range as well last year i had the Panasonic VT20 and that had motion issues i then got the C series 63" samsung price wise the samsung gives you more for the money and picture quality wise is not that far behind the panasonic, last years D series samsungs now are slightly in front picture wise compared to the Panasonics the £D infared has been sorted by going bluetooth as well, This year alone i have sent back 3 pannys 2 lG's and finally setteled on the 59" samsung its about as close to my old pioneer as i will get still not a match fro the Blacks but it comes pretty close.

hifial
12-02-12, 18:19
Yeah the new pana vt will be out next month or so and will be worth the wait Kuro black levels at last!

pooface
12-02-12, 19:48
Yeah the new pana vt will be out next month or so and will be worth the wait Kuro black levels at last!

Haven't Panasonic said this since at least the vt20?!

Sent with Tapatalk

hifial
12-02-12, 20:23
True I think is all about the Eco credentials pioneer didn't have to worry about that as much, let's hope they do it this time

mark_hopley
13-02-12, 15:15
Thanks for the replys guys. I think I'm gonna stick with what I've got for the time being :)