PDA

View Full Version : Project Valerie - a very nice Movie Library Manager

mauri
11-02-12, 23:05
I am using PV nightbuild 1162, which I installed it through DCC2 - from the OPKG packages menu.

Thenafter I changed some of the settings from the web GUI of Project Valerie (your box IP:8888, which I find better layout then the default in the box skin).
I added manually some codecs which are not by default, ie mp4, mpg, divx etc. It took me a couple of hours playing around - and some restarts of the box, but in the end I now have all my movies (~ 300, which are in different directories in the HDD of my Vu+ Duo as well as in my NAS LaCie Nework drive) and all my episodes series (~ 400).

Yes, around 10% or more gave wrong results, but I could update the wrong info 'easily, thru the web interface: you just put the exact IMDB ID of the movie, series - and voila: PV downloads all the posters/info of the movie.

I Like the black swan skin, I like the poster flow GUI, you can browse thru different genres, you can arrange by name, popularity, aired time, seen/unseen etc.

It took me a couple of hours to clean and organize all me movie library, but now I can say that Project Valerie is a fine piece of plugin for Enigma 2 boxes. I love it! :)

Rob van der Does
12-02-12, 05:13
If you use ViX you can install Valerie from the feeds.

I added manually some codecs which are not by default, ie mp4, mpg, divx etc.
What's the point of that? You can't add video-codecs to a STB, as all video is decoded in the hardware.

markus625
12-02-12, 18:45

What's the point of that? You can't add video-codecs to a STB, as all video is decoded in the hardware.

Does the poster mean adding what movie containers PV can actually see and not PV actaully playing codecs that VU cant play,when i did have PV installed before vix2.3 it would see my bluray rips but wouldnt nessasarilly play them or play the hd audio etc.

But does this mean we can now install project valerie from the feeds and wont crash the box due to the kernal upgrade.

But it would be nice if we could play all are media thru the VU but i think we will still need xbmc for that.

markus625
12-02-12, 19:06
Any truth in XBMC4STB i wonder.

mauri
13-02-12, 01:14

PV by default has just a couple of containers, i.e. no mp4, mpg etc, hence when PV would sync the media I had (different movies/TV shows ripped/downloaded), PV synced only the containers that it had in the sync settings. I added the missing containers, now I have all my movies showing nicely on my PV GUI. And yes, I play them OK 'within' PV GUI. But I guess the decoding is done by VU+ hardware/software, since PV is just a library of movies.

mauri
13-02-12, 01:17
Does the poster mean adding what movie containers PV can actually see and not PV actaully playing codecs that VU cant play,when i did have PV installed before vix2.3 it would see my bluray rips but wouldnt nessasarilly play them or play the hd audio etc.

But does this mean we can now install project valerie from the feeds and wont crash the box due to the kernal upgrade.

But it would be nice if we could play all are media thru the VU but i think we will still need xbmc for that.

1. PV needs the added containers in order to 'see' those movies/
2. I got the latest nightly build from the PV site because I messed smth in my box when I deleted the usr/lib directories of my PV - the only way to get rid of the 'failed' results that my previous versions of PV were still showing up. My PV kept crashing when installed from VIX plugins feeds - hence I manually installed it fron DCC2 opkg packages menu.

Hope, I was clear this time ;)