PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Anyone managed to browse to PC via NetworkBrowser?

reverend
11-02-12, 09:07
Hi,

Just had my Vu+ Duo for a week after upgrading from a Spiderbox! I'm loving the depth of configuration I can do on the Vu+
One thing I have not been successful in is using NetworkBroswer to get to a shared folder on my Win7 PC on the same home LAN. Running the auto discovery finds no devices, and rtying to manually browse to the IP address of my PC gives me a spinning ViX logo for a few minutes but no results.

All the other network functions of the Vu+ seem to be working normally: I have an IP address on the Vu+; I can browse from my PC to the VUDUO 'harddisk' share with no problems.
My Win7 PC network share seems to be set up correctly, because I can browse to it from a Win7 laptop I have, and I can even browse to it from my Android phone

A few restarts and restarting Enigma seem to have made no difference.

There are one or two threads (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15413-Networkbrowser&highlight=network)already here that seem to indicate this function is difficult to set up. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me?

cheers

rev

Maxwell
11-02-12, 09:40
Windows has a mind of its own when it comes to SMB shares, see my advice here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15512-change-vuduo-network-name&p=113014&viewfull=1#post113014 and read the full thread.
I will write a tutorial when I get a minute.

micscave
11-02-12, 10:24
I second what Maxwell4321 says, his advise got me up and running with this within minutes.

reverend
11-02-12, 10:31
Thanks guys !

Silly question, but how do I delete/backspace with the remote ?! I am trying to delete the default text in the 'Servershare' field and can't.

Maxwell
11-02-12, 10:34
Thanks guys !

Silly question, but how do I delete/backspace with the remote ?! I am trying to delete the default text in the 'Servershare' field and can't.

Arrow button where the numbers are on the remote

reverend
11-02-12, 10:56
Thank you thank you !

Right, trying now....will report back

reverend
11-02-12, 11:19
oh

my

god

it worked!

Thanks Maxwell4321 very much. I will now begin analysing the difference between my permissions on the new 'vu' share and the existing ones

Maxwell
11-02-12, 11:35
oh

my

god

it worked!

Thanks Maxwell4321 very much. I will now begin analysing the difference between my permissions on the new 'vu' share and the existing ones

Your welcome, good luck finding those differences :D

reverend
11-02-12, 17:51
just to let you know all set up now with folder permissions set correctly

Maxwell
11-02-12, 18:07
Glad you are sorted.
Can you post what permissions you had to change to get it up and running as it may help others

reverend
12-02-12, 10:25
It was simply ensuring that 'Everyone'had full rights. Actually think the key was creating the admininstrative user account to authenticate the Vu with

hannitsoufik
31-08-12, 19:33
thanks fot your post