PDA

View Full Version : Tuner/Software Bug with Vu Duo

catseye
05-08-10, 13:36
Just to advise anyone that maybe having problems receiving certain channels

If there are channels that display 0% when you know you should be receiving them with no problems heres what to do

For example AXN HD Polska on Hotbird 13 East
12265H 27500 3/4 DVB S2

Do a rescan 'only' on that frequency & add 1 to the figure so 12265 would become 12266H this should find all of those channels on that frequency & signal bars etc should have normal readings

This bug is known to Vu & we will have to wait for a fix from them

dfdream
05-08-10, 15:51
Might be an idea to have a thread of channels that have this problem.
That seems like a huge bug...
How would you ever know what channels suffered from this or weather you just couldnt pick them up .

catseye
05-08-10, 16:09
Might be an idea to have a thread of channels that have this problem.
That seems like a huge bug...
How would you ever know what channels suffered from this or weather you just couldnt pick them up .

From my own tests it only happened on HD or DVB S2 channels & is very intermitten -Its happened on Thor 1 West, Astra 19 East, & Hotbird 13 East
Never had problems on any other sats including 28.2 East that i can recall

If its a satellite you can normally get good reception from ie Hotbird 13 East with your setup then you will know if its the bug when you pick them up on a rescan with the slightly amended frequency

runmo
28-09-10, 20:35

If there are channels that display 0% when you know you should be receiving them with no problems heres what to do

12265H 27500 3/4 DVB S2

Do a rescan 'only' on that frequency & add 1 to the figure so 12265 would become 12266H this should find all of those channels on that frequency & signal bars etc should have normal readings

Hi,

This tric doesn't work for me. Did I do something wrong?
ASTRA 19E canalsat France : syfy unversal HD 12670 V 22000 3/4 DVB S2
Tried with 12671, but still zero channels

I'm working with VTI image.

Could someone help please?
thx
runmo

kegrka
28-09-10, 21:33
isnt this something to do with the oscillation of the LMB that you use LOF .and the IF input of the tuner, I've done this trick with a few boxes, so i'm not convined its just the Vu that this happens on

dmgp
29-09-10, 08:57
Occasionally LNB's go a little off song ,happened a lot with some earlier Manhattans, I thought most receivers had a plus or minus tolerance of a few meg these days, and it was an adjustable parameter on Humax at one time.

qvcaddict
27-03-11, 10:50
hi i put vix image on did the wizard put everything in,got a card test and everytime i scanned for sky movies i got tuner failed i would get a few free to air channels so wondering if im having the same problem as shown here any tips would be welcome thanx:)

catseye
27-03-11, 11:37
hi i put vix image on did the wizard put everything in,got a card test and everytime i scanned for sky movies i got tuner failed i would get a few free to air channels so wondering if im having the same problem as shown here any tips would be welcome thanx:)

It could be one of several things m8
1)Dish off line
2) LNB faulty
3) Bad connections or faulty coaxial cables

If u get H polarity channels & not V polarity it could mean faulty lnb or it needs adjusting-check all the things & let us know how u get on

qvcaddict
27-03-11, 13:27
hi can i ask one more thing if my sat position is lat 5*.2895 degrees and lon is -0.*111 what should i put in sat positioner thanx

mauri
03-04-11, 22:51
Thans m8!

I was frustrated since days because I 'lost' a transponder on Astra 3A (satelliteBG HD channels like iConcerts, Fashion one HD etc). As per your tip, I just added 1 figure to the 'official' frequency of that tranponder, and it did the trick! :)
I even started I thread on this 'missing transponder' but no one gave any useful tips. I had to search this forum for days, till today that I bumped into this thread.

thank you catseye!

p.s. BTW, thank you for those very nice settings you make available for us! cheers

12265H 27500 3/4 DVB S2

basilyoung
03-04-11, 23:18
hi can i ask one more thing if my sat position is lat 52.2895 degrees and lon is -0.7111 what should i put in sat positioner thanx

5*.289 north
00.*11 west

ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR GEO POSITION it gives your location

baz