PDA

View Full Version : et6000 scanning wrong satellite

johnno1970
11-02-12, 00:27
Hi,
Xtrend et 600 pointing at 5 degrees west at zero position on motor. When I do a blind scan on 5 degrees west, the motor goes and scans 1 degree west. How do I tell receiver which satellite is at zero position?
USALS supported motor, catseye channel list downloaded.

Stanman
11-02-12, 00:30
at Zero position the motor needs to be pointed at your true south, you than send the motor to your nearest sat and fine tune it. Once done go into tuner configuration and set it up as
Simple
Positioner
and than your lonitude and latitude. If all is plumb using usals sat will follow the arc.

johnno1970
11-02-12, 00:31
My true south being 9 degrees west?

basilyoung
11-02-12, 00:32
thats a strange request, in that if you are UK based, really, 1 west should be your zero point, however, the best option will be,

move the dish to 5 west, then set up the tuner config, to single sat, this way, the motor wont move

johnno1970
11-02-12, 00:38
Based in Ireland, longitude 9 degrees west. Cant lock anything in on 8 degrees west, so went with 5 degrees west.

johnno1970
11-02-12, 00:47
thats a strange request, in that if you are UK based, really, 1 west should be your zero point, however, the best option will be,

move the dish to 5 west, then set up the tuner config, to single sat, this way, the motor wont move

will that then store the zero position at 5 west or do i need to scan after that?

basilyoung
11-02-12, 00:50
sounds very basic, ( my surgested method ) but perhaps use a compass to get the direction of your true south, use a long straight plank or whatever, situated under the dish, and then align the dish arm to the "plank", set the motor to the correct elivation for your location, ie 25degrees north,.

at its zero location, be sure the lnb arm is bottom dead centre

then send it to known sats, ie, 1 west ( bbc world is fta and strong sig stengths ) gently raise, lower the dish, flexing the dish left right,

if left right get a godd sig, slacken off the motor brakets, and shift the whole assembly accordingly, then restart the test, ie, from your zero point, again go to 1 west

basilyoung
11-02-12, 00:51
will that then store the zero position at 5 west or do i need to scan after that?

no, it will only enable you to scan 5 west

johnno1970
11-02-12, 11:09
o.k finally seem to have it sorted,(fingers crossed) my south was off by 4 degrees, i.e. scanning 1 west when I wanted to scan 5 west. So, with the motor at zero, I moved the whole assembly by 4 degrees west. Attached my sat meter and tweaked to the nearest satellite. Did a blind scan then on 5 west and It was spot on. Currently doing an automatic scan and its at 28% with 2495 services found.