PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Dolby digital

Guinness.cobra
11-02-12, 00:14
Hi folks - I have connected the duo box to my sony amp and have turned the digital downmix option off. On the sly movie channels which output in dd - the amp however still shows that it is getting an input only as 2.1 rather than 5.1

What do I need to do in order for the duo to output the dd signal as is received from sly.

Thanks...

canthackit
11-02-12, 02:34
have you pressed the audio button on the remote and made sure that DD is selected and not NAR, if not you might find you'll have to do this for most of the channels transmitting in DD.

on the other hand if you have then we search on ;)

regards: canthackit

Maxwell
11-02-12, 09:47
Hi folks - I have connected the duo box to my sony amp and have turned the digital downmix option off. On the sly movie channels which output in dd - the amp however still shows that it is getting an input only as 2.1 rather than 5.1

What do I need to do in order for the duo to output the dd signal as is received from sly.

Thanks...

Not everything Sky puts out is DD5.1 quite a lot is DD2.1, which Sony amp do you use and how is it connected to the Duo

Trial
11-02-12, 10:06
Hi,
does your Sony really show 2.1? If yes then it is DD. DD does not mean 5.1 it can mean any thing from 1.0 to 6.1.

ciao

Guinness.cobra
11-02-12, 10:50
It's a Sony bdve780.before when I had my sky box connected on the movies channels the Sony would show that the input it is getting is dd and this not using its prologic. However when it received a signal that wasn't dd, the prologic would kick in.

However, with the vu+ duo my Sony is always showing that prologic is working, which means it is doing some decoding. I want the vu+ duo to output whatever it receives, including the dd signal so that the Sony can recognise it is comi in as dd format and then output it as dd.

Hope I am making sense. I have changed the downmix to no and just to be sure that ac3 is the same as dd.

Thanks guys...

Guinness.cobra
11-02-12, 10:51
And yes it's connected via hdmi and not via optical. I read that the vu duo can output dd over hdmi unlike sly box.

Maxwell
11-02-12, 10:59
Where did you set the Digital Downmix to off ?
Did you do it in A/V settings or on a per channel basis

Trial
11-02-12, 16:18
Hi,
DD over HDMI works without problems. You have to disable downmix in the settings AND you have to select a AC3/DD track in the audio menu on the channel you are watching or you have to set AC3 to default in the settings.

ciao

Maxwell
11-02-12, 17:23
Hi,
DD over HDMI works without problems. You have to disable downmix in the settings AND you have to select a AC3/DD track in the audio menu on the channel you are watching or you have to set AC3 to default in the settings.

ciao

Sorry but no you dont have to do both, in my A/V settings I always have Digital Downmix set to yes then when I am using my amp on a channel that has DD I select the AC3 Audio track and turn downmix off with the Red button.

canthackit
11-02-12, 18:01
Sorry but no you dont have to do both, in my A/V settings I always have Digital Downmix set to yes then when I am using my amp on a channel that has DD I select the AC3 Audio track and turn downmix off with the Red button.

Hmmmmm
i suppose we all l have our prefrences but i've never bothered to enable downmix, just set DD to default and let the amp choose the appropiate audio DD 5.1 or ProLogic IILZ.

Maxwell
11-02-12, 18:04
Hmmmmm
i suppose we all l have our prefrences but i've never bothered to enable downmix, just set DD to default and let the amp choose the appropiate audio DD 5.1 or ProLogic IILZ.

I do it that way because I dont always use the amp and the TV is very choosy about what it decodes

Guinness.cobra
11-02-12, 19:31
Finally got it sorted... Changed to always prefer ac3 and put downmix to no... It works... Perfect... Thanks everyone... Beginning to love the do...