PDA

View Full Version : Blackhole epg issues?

satplustv
10-02-12, 19:55
OK the reason i have been changing my image a few times recently is to try and resolve my issues with the EPG not working very well.....

When i 1st flashed a BH image i had the full BH 7 day Sly EPG and Cross Epg also worked well but now what ever i seem to try i only get now and next on most channels and 3 or 4 up coming programs on the others ?

I cannot understand it, i have all the correct Open TV providers selected and updated and have a 500gb HD installed but cannot seem to resolve this issue !

Is there a plug in that i am missing that fixes this issue or is it something else ?

Thanks in anticipation

SP

satplustv
11-02-12, 10:14
Can anybody help still missing a full EPG and have tried everything i can think of ?

satplustv
11-02-12, 14:41
Help please !

I cannot use the record properly or anything linked to the EPG at the moment and its very frustrating !

There must be others that have had issues and found a way to fix them surely ?

mcquaim
11-02-12, 14:50
Have you it configured in settings to download each night? (Menu-->Setup-->System-->EPG-->CrossEPG)

Configure menu to specify download time and select XMLTV or OpenTV to specify your source..

satplustv
11-02-12, 14:57
Yes i have and even when i force a down load i only get now and next on most channels little more on others when i 1st flashed a BH image a couple of months ago i could see the EPG data for a week in advance now i can only seem to get a few hours no matter what i try ?

mcquaim
11-02-12, 15:15
What source have you selected?

satplustv
11-02-12, 15:30
open TV at the moment and have tried others in the past with NO change ?

mcquaim
11-02-12, 15:48
Is there a green tick beside the satellite that you want on the OpenTV providers?

satplustv
11-02-12, 15:53
Yes next to Astra 28 which is all i am interested in

mcquaim
11-02-12, 16:01
Very strange, not sure what is wrong..

What is the location for epg.dat in the Settings menu under EPG?

Whatever it is make sure the location exists visible! It is best practice to have EPG and picons on a USB stick so it would then be /media/usb/ .

satplustv
11-02-12, 16:08
My 500gb Internal HD

mcquaim
11-02-12, 16:57
A bit more detail maybe lol..

What is the exact path on the EPG location?

satplustv
11-02-12, 17:31
Where do i get that info from for you ?

mcquaim
11-02-12, 17:50
Menu-->Setup-->System-->EPG-->CrossEPG-->Settings

satplustv
11-02-12, 18:22
It just says Harddisk or internal flash and i have it set to HD as i said

panda23
11-02-12, 18:27
IF You force a download does that make any difference?

satplustv
11-02-12, 18:31
NO it makes no difference at all

satplustv
11-02-12, 18:34
I am starting to think that i have wasted my money with the VU as the main reason i bought it was for the ability to have a 7 day EPG and Record and at the moment i have very limited use of either of these features because in order to plan recordings ahead you need the EPG data

satplustv
11-02-12, 18:47
Just tried an external hard drive to rule out a fault on the internal one and the result is the same so it must be something to do with the image or settings ?

mcquaim
11-02-12, 19:34
Try deleting the epg.dat file off the harddrive and then kick off the download again. Also, make sure there isn't an epg.dat file in internal flash and on the harddisk.

Delete both if there are and kick off a download.

satplustv
11-02-12, 19:40
Tried that no joy i am afraid !

mcquaim
11-02-12, 20:26
Time to reflash, not sure what is going on with your setup!

satplustv
11-02-12, 20:44
Any suggestions about which image to try ?

I do not want to have to start from scratch again so would like a back up image that can read my Sly card (all channels Pick etc) and also gives a 7 day EPG !

satplustv
12-02-12, 19:29
When i first bought my Uno i got loads of support & help on here, thanks to those members that helped you know who you are, but now a few months on its like pulling teeth and getting support or even a pointer to a previous thread that solves the issue seems hard work or is it just me ?

Thanks to the few that have tried to help with my current unresolved EPG issue but surely the more experienced users must be able to help ?

I would have thought that a 7 day EPG was a no brainer and anyone watching Astra 28 channels on their Uno would want it !

Come on guys restore my faith please in the WOS forum as it was a great resource when i needed it before.

punisher
12-02-12, 19:39
Problem is sometimes the epg file gets corrupt and u can normally sort it by deleting crossepg folder and epg.dat file on ur hdd or usb stick. Then redownload. Ive had my uno on vix workin a treat, maybe once my epg got corrupt n i could only get now n next or sometimes nothing n i just did those steps and got it sorted

satplustv
12-02-12, 20:21
I have tried that and even re initialising my HD / using an extrnal HD and it stays the same so i am at a loss ?

panda23
12-02-12, 20:29
I am using the latest VIX image on my UNO and fingers crossed no EPG issues so far, it may be worth you reflashing your STB to VIX?

punisher
12-02-12, 20:30
Have u tried storing epg on usb stick?

satplustv
12-02-12, 21:13
Have u tried storing epg on usb stick?

Yes and a USB extrenal 80gb HD as well but still get the same result now and next or nothing on some channels

punisher
12-02-12, 21:51
Im not sure whats happened as i said my uno works perfect. But i do a regular reflash so maybe thats why i havent noticed any problems. But something has obviously gone corrupt and i cant see any other way of getting it fixed other than doing a new flash of the latest image. Unless anyone else has any better ideas

Stanman
12-02-12, 23:55
Post up screen shots of the EPG screen, CrossEPG configure screen and providers screen, its very likley a fault with your set up as have CEPG on three boxes here and its working fine.

satplustv
13-02-12, 06:33
will try later thanks

Sicilian
13-02-12, 06:55
You doing something wrong somewhere http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images

satplustv
13-02-12, 18:47
Do not have any way of taking screen shots sorry but have followed the above guide to the letter and i still have the same issue ?

mcquaim
13-02-12, 22:09
Go into the WebInterface and you can take screenshots from there!

satplustv
13-02-12, 23:16
A bit more info please as i do not understand what you mean or how to do it ?

mcquaim
13-02-12, 23:49
Did you open the WebInterface on your Uno or even know how to do that?

If you get the WebInterface open there is a menu to take a screenshot of whatever is currently on the Uno screen. Grab screenshots for the screens requested above!

satplustv
14-02-12, 21:56
OK no need for screen shots as it was nothing to do with the cross epg settings !

As i said at the start of the thread i had the latest BH image installed and it was the 7 day BH EPG that i could not get to load and had missing or now and next only !

2 things i needed to tweek the BH EPG settings and also according to most other forums the server suppling the EPG data was down until mid day monday and is still not working properly....

I am amazed no one that posts on here was aware of this or asked me to check the BH EPG settings ?

Larry-G
14-02-12, 22:06
OK no need for screen shots as it was nothing to do with the cross epg settings !

As i said at the start of the thread i had the latest BH image installed and it was the 7 day BH EPG that i could not get to load and had missing or now and next only !

2 things i needed to tweek the BH EPG settings and also according to most other forums the server suppling the EPG data was down until mid day monday and is still not working properly....

I am amazed no one that posts on here was aware of this or asked me to check the BH EPG settings ?

Probably because most users here don't use the BH image.

satplustv
14-02-12, 22:17
I was not being funny or anything but as this is a support forum for the Vu Uno i would have thought that all images were supported and least one person would have understood the issue ?

Maybe i am expecting too much but as a relitive newbie its very frustrating when things do not work and you do not have the technical expertise to sort it out yourself !

I was using the Vix image for the 1st few months but wanted the ability to use the uno like a Sly + box for the epg and recordings which as far as i am aware the BH image is the only one that offers this at the moment.

Anyway at least if anyone else has the same issue in the future i can now help :)

judge
14-02-12, 22:35
I was not being funny or anything but as this is a support forum for the Vu Uno i would have thought that all images were supported and least one person would have understood the issue ?

Maybe i am expecting too much but as a relitive newbie its very frustrating when things do not work and you do not have the technical expertise to sort it out yourself !

I was using the Vix image for the 1st few months but wanted the ability to use the uno like a Sly + box for the epg and recordings which as far as i am aware the BH image is the only one that offers this at the moment.

Anyway at least if anyone else has the same issue in the future i can now help :)

even still, most users here probably use VIX so if they don't see the problem, won't know how to fix it.

How did you fix it by the way, just so anyone else who comes across this issue has somewhere to look.

Also, haven't tried BH in a long while, how is the EPG more like the SKY+ box?

mcquaim
14-02-12, 22:57

It was my bad for assuming that you were on Vix so sorry for that.

But I am also amazed from the many posts referring to Vix menus that we were not corrected lol

At least you got there eventually :thumbsup:

Stanman
14-02-12, 23:03

You are joking about that bit right?

The one touch recording in the VIX image is way ahead of anything on other images.

As for other posters understanding the issue, the onus is on you to provide all the info necessary for people to help out. In the absence of a comment to the contrary it was not too unreasonable for members to assume you were on the VIX image as this forum is after all its home.

We support many boxes not just the VU range.

Larry-G
14-02-12, 23:05

I know you were not having a dig and neither was I, however you have to understand that we are not intimately familiar with all images available for these receivers. This forum is predominately ViX orientated. We will Always try to help people regardless of the image they use but that may also mean we have to wait a while until someone using the same images as you sees the thread to offer their help.

satmanbasil
14-02-12, 23:15
Hi mate

Think nobody has mentioned that rytec could have been down the weekend as i was downloading using force method and prog claim to have down loaded xxxx events but when you opened the EPG nothing was saved however since monday morning all seems to have returned.

However all is not lost you can still set a record by looking up the programe guide in your paper on online media search then press green button on remote then green again this will give you the record setup screen in which you can input the details of the programe set a start and end time and select the channel i did this without the epg working over the weekend and all recorded ok

regards
satmanbasil

satplustv
15-02-12, 19:17
Hello all and thanks for the flood of responses :)

OK where to start ?

Its like the SLY Epg because it gives the same table EPG format for 7 days and is very easy to stick planners in place for recordings !

The Earlier EPG server issues now seem to have been resolved and i now have full guide back in action yeee haaa....

How to set up the EPG in a BH image if its not already done:

Press the BLUE button
Press the RED button
Press RED button (global settings)
Select yes for 1st 3 options
Edit save path to your storage media HD / Memory stick etc
Press RED to save
Select required SAT EG: SLY UK
Press OK button
Press RED button
Select yes on Auto EPG refresh
set time
set command to nothing
Press RED button to save
Press GREEN Button to update channel list
Press RED Button to save
Press YELLOW Button to download channel EPG info
Press RED button when complete to save

Hey presto you should now have a working BH EPG :)

Some images come pre configured so you do not need to take any action but my last 2 did not hence the issues....

Please feel FREE to edit the above if there is an easier way as i am far from being an expert.

Thanks again to those that tried

SPTV

satplustv
15-02-12, 19:22
PS: Can one of the MODS please change the title of this THREAD to BLACKHOLE EPG ISSUES to make it easier to find should anyone need it ?

bassethound
15-02-12, 20:25
PS: Can one of the MODS please change the title of this THREAD to BLACKHOLE EPG ISSUES to make it easier to find should anyone need it ?

title changed as requested :)

satplustv
15-02-12, 21:37
Thank you very much :)

hinge
18-12-12, 09:37
Hello all and thanks for the flood of responses :)

OK where to start ?

Its like the SLY Epg because it gives the same table EPG format for 7 days and is very easy to stick planners in place for recordings !

The Earlier EPG server issues now seem to have been resolved and i now have full guide back in action yeee haaa....

How to set up the EPG in a BH image if its not already done:

Press the BLUE button
Press the RED button
Press RED button (global settings)
Select yes for 1st 3 options
Edit save path to your storage media HD / Memory stick etc
Press RED to save
Select required SAT EG: SLY UK
Press OK button
Press RED button
Select yes on Auto EPG refresh
set time
set command to nothing
Press RED button to save
Press GREEN Button to update channel list
Press RED Button to save
Press YELLOW Button to download channel EPG info
Press RED button when complete to save

Hey presto you should now have a working BH EPG :)

Some images come pre configured so you do not need to take any action but my last 2 did not hence the issues....

Please feel FREE to edit the above if there is an easier way as i am far from being an expert.

Thanks again to those that tried

SPTV

This worked great for me thanks alot m8