PDA

View Full Version : Tuner 1 & Tuner 2 issues

Mr. Mister
04-08-10, 21:18
Hi guys..

ok.. i will try and explain this as best 1 can..

Tuner 1 :
Connected to a motorized dish and working perfect..

Tuner 2 :
Just run another cable from my existing 28E dish to tuner 2 and down a download.. no hassles at all..

If i wish to record something on 28E and want to watch something on 1W.. how do i set this up.. ??

Thanks

steford
04-08-10, 21:48
As I understand it from my similar post the receiver should work it all out. So if you start a recording on 28E and it selects the motorised, then you choose a 1W channel it should continue to record via the fixed dish while you watch 28E. In my experience so far the fixed dish has always been selected 1st when I view 13E (my fixed Tuner 2) - presumably the same for recordings.

xarqi
05-08-10, 11:11
Can someone explain to a newbie who hasn't got his Vu+ yet, and is looking at a fixed dish and one satellite (that is, me) why in the systems being described here the unit would *ever* point a moveable dish at a satellite when a fixed dish is already pointing there.

olisun
05-08-10, 11:26
Can someone explain to a newbie who hasn't got his Vu+ yet, and is looking at a fixed dish and one satellite (that is, me) why in the systems being described here the unit would *ever* point a moveable dish at a satellite when a fixed dish is already pointing there.

if you want to record 2 different programs at the same time or watch one program while recording other from the same satellite as the fixed dish then the only way to do is to move the motorised dish to the same sat as the fixed dish.

xarqi
05-08-10, 12:46
if you want to record 2 different programs at the same time or watch one program while recording other from the same satellite as the fixed dish then the only way to do is to move the motorised dish to the same sat as the fixed dish.

OK - I can see how that would be the case if different transponders or polarisations were involved, but can the various Vu+ images record/display multiple programs from the same transponder and polarisation simultaneously using just one tuner? In my situation, I'll only be receiving signals from about 6 services on one transponder with Hpol, another 6 on another transponder with Hpol, and 3 on a third with Vpol, all from Optus D1. With the Duo, I'd expect to be able to record everything on any two of the three transponders simultaneously, disc throughput permitting. Is that right, or will I be limited to just two simultaneous programs in total, one per tuner? Worried. :(