PDA

View Full Version : extended description timer .py/.pyo files

seancred
08-02-12, 18:46
Hi All,

I know there is a sticky above detailing how you can amend the appropriate .py files to make sure that timers / autotimers use the extended description field to avoid duplicate recordings. I wondered if anyone would be wiling too upload the ammended files (and is this possible?!) as I'm struggling to install python and a decent decompiler

Cheers

Rob van der Does
08-02-12, 19:12
You don't need any compiler.
You can freely edit the *.py files with a suitable editor (e.g.PSPad, but there are many more) and ftp the file to the correct location. During the startup of Enigma, the file will be compiled.

seancred
08-02-12, 19:52
You don't need any compiler.
You can freely edit the *.py files with a suitable editor (e.g.PSPad, but there are many more) and ftp the file to the correct location. During the startup of Enigma, the file will be compiled.

Thanks Rob, when I access the folders by FTP, the files are all pyo, not .py which is why I thought I needed the decompiler. I've opened the .pyo file with pspad but I can't find the "description = ev.getShortDescription()" line to edit.

I'm sure this is really simple but it's driving me mad, could you point me in the right direction?

Rob van der Does
08-02-12, 22:05
The *.pyo files are the compiled *.py files.
You can install the py's via telnet

opkg install enigma2-src
and

opkg install enigma2-plugin-vix-core-src

seancred
08-02-12, 22:14
sorry mate, you have lost me a bit, where do I get the file from to install via putty / telnet?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
09-02-12, 08:29
If you execute the two telnet command, all *.py files will be installed on your box. From there you can edit them the way you want; after a restart of Enigma2 the files will be compiled.

seancred
09-02-12, 09:55
If you execute the two telnet command, all *.py files will be installed on your box. From there you can edit them the way you want; after a restart of Enigma2 the files will be compiled.

Thanks Rob, I will give it a go when I get home. I appreciate you help.

Cheers

seancred
14-02-12, 15:07
Hi Rob,

I tried this and some further .py files have appeared but not the ones I needed to edit. My putty session included an error to the effect that there was no space left on the device. I connected to root without any problems.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
14-02-12, 17:09
Hmmm, which ,py's do you want to have?

seancred
14-02-12, 21:46
I was looking for recordtimer initially...I'm assuming that is correct based on the sticky...I'm happy to be corrected though! Really appreciate your help with this!

Rob van der Does
15-02-12, 06:58
I was looking for recordtimer initially...I'm assuming that is correct based on the sticky...I'm happy to be corrected though! Really appreciate your help with this!
I have no idea what sticky you mean, or what you intend to achieve, but here's the recordtimer.py.
Happy modding!