PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Sorry ive defected to BH for a while

paul362
08-02-12, 17:33
:(:( I have had to defect i'm afraid guys and gals, Hope to be back with VIX soon as ive always used it in the past BUT all the problems with latest release has just got to the point where the box is a pain in the A*ss and ive decided to try an alternative for now ! Hopefully ill be back as soon as Vix have worked there magic on the next major release.

Thanks to all involved in the Vix image for your hard work ILL BE BACKKKK.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
08-02-12, 17:36
no need to apologize ViX is not to every ones tastes and there are lots of images to choose from.

pooface
08-02-12, 17:56
Would be nice though, if you could stated exactly what all the problems were you were experiencing?!

fintannl
08-02-12, 18:11
in truth the version prior to christmas release continues to work without blemish. i didn't upgrade to the christmas version simply because i spent my time enjoying time with the family and watching tv using vix :-). i have read since then that systems seem to be slowing down and other issues so i didn't bother to upgrade. i suspect this is more related to the new linux kernel rather than the excellent work the vix team do

paul362
08-02-12, 22:58
Would be nice though, if you could stated exactly what all the problems were you were experiencing?!

All the problems were diffrent .

1 changing channel causing green screen

2 box locking up over night and not responding to remote (hard reset needed)

3 box grinding to a halt almost (with or without swap enabled)

4 recordings were always breaking up and stopping during playback ( exit recording and the play again was fine for around 5 minutes the the same thing happens again !)

there were a few more things but mostly minor.

I sent the logs via email for some of the faults but we watch the box every day and night so need to have a reliable image for now untill these issues are sorted.:thumbsup:

basilyoung
08-02-12, 23:08
Thanks for posting your comments, first of all,
and second, Its not disloyal, to try other images, and hope you stay with the forum
and please post your findings, as far as BH goes, concider,d opinion, is always usfull

bassethound
08-02-12, 23:08
Strange that on both my personnel boxes a et9000 and solo never had these problems on any release image from Vix

and i have help set up 7 family and friends boxes 4x duo,s 1x solo 1x et5000 and another et9000 and they have not experienced these problems

the only caveat i have made for the duo,s and et9000 is that they all have 2.5 HDD fitted as i found they work a lot better than the 3.5 drives

paul362
08-02-12, 23:11
Thanks for posting your comments, first of all,
and second, Its not disloyal, to try other images, and hope you stay with the forum
and please post your findings, as far as BH goes, concider,d opinion, is always usfull

I will be monitoring BH and see what happens because as I have said before I have used Vix all the time in the past and not had 1 issue untill the bootloader and 2.3 ???

will report back soon with any findings.

paul362
08-02-12, 23:13
Strange that on both my personnel boxes a et9000 and solo never had these problems on any release image from Vix

and i have help set up 7 family and friends boxes 4x duo,s 1x solo 1x et5000 and another et9000 and they have not experienced these problems

the only caveat i have made for the duo,s and et9000 is that they all have 2.5 HDD fitted as i found they work a lot better than the 3.5 drives

Only diffrance is i do have a 3.5" 300 gig drive (western digitol).

pooface
08-02-12, 23:23
Only diffrance is i do have a 3.5" 300 gig drive (western digitol).

Have a 2tb samsung hdd installed in both the boxes I use, and solo with network mounts to both... Sorry to see you go, but hope the little spell on the other side will help to show what you're missing ;) Plus, hopefully when you come back, you won't have noticed the problems again?! Seems weird how some have lots of problems, but wondering if it could be hardware that the 3.1.1 doesn't like?! When next update is out, remember to come back for a try to see if it sorts your problems :D

paul362
08-02-12, 23:26
Have a 2tb samsung hdd installed in both the boxes I use, and solo with network mounts to both... Sorry to see you go, but hope the little spell on the other side will help to show what you're missing ;) Plus, hopefully when you come back, you won't have noticed the problems again?! Seems weird how some have lots of problems, but wondering if it could be hardware that the 3.1.1 doesn't like?! When next update is out, remember to come back for a try to see if it sorts your problems :D

Personally cant wait for the next relese ill be back (to quote a well know saying) :D

Stanman
09-02-12, 21:17
Personally cant wait for the next relese ill be back (to quote a well know saying) :D

Not sure we should have you back you turncoat:D:D:D:sofahide:

Its always good to experiment and decide on what is best for you.

Be interested to hear your feed back on the image if BH are also on the latest kernel.

You know on the DUO you can go back to the old kernel image as well.

paul362
09-02-12, 23:12
Not sure we should have you back you turncoat:D:D:D:sofahide:

Its always good to experiment and decide on what is best for you.

Be interested to hear your feed back on the image if BH are also on the latest kernel.

You know on the DUO you can go back to the old kernel image as well.

:eek::eek:;);) nearly in tears now :D:D

Mr. Mister
09-02-12, 23:52
I have already went back to Vix 2.2.1

I was experiencing the same problems as Paul..

Box lock up over night..

Box becomes unresponsive to remote after about 6 hours..

And softcams wont stay going for any longer than 3-4 hours..

So i too am just gonna wait on the new Vix release.. but am quite happy with 2.2.1 for now..

fintannl
10-02-12, 00:26
that seems to be the solution for the moment. vix 2.2.1 works perfectly for me also

zola25
10-02-12, 04:52
Me to i am affraid same sort of problems box locks up and has to be switched on and of lots more spinners and quite unresponsive got enigma restarts from various actions.
Since i returned to ViX-2.3.133 about a week ago it has been rock solid

WOIIFTM
14-02-12, 23:05
Moved to VTI on a temp basis, same reasons: lots of spinners, slow box, issues with crossEPG, unhappy wife,... Was using a plain VIX image with just crossEPG and cam added. Not sure I could revert back to a 'pre kernel 3.1.1. update' image so had a go with BH (not bad but awful skins), ended up with VTI.
Keeping an eye on VIX thou, I'll be back.

Stanman
14-02-12, 23:07
Moved to VTI on a temp basis, same reasons: lots of spinners, slow box, issues with crossEPG, unhappy wife,... Was using a plain VIX image with just crossEPG and cam added. Not sure I could revert back to a 'pre kernel 3.1.1. update' image so had a go with BH (not bad but awful skins), ended up with VTI.
Keeping an eye on VIX thou, I'll be back.

If its a VU + box than you can revert to the pre 3.1.1 image, its only the ET range you cannot once flashed with latets bootloader.

Maxwell
15-02-12, 11:16
just curious to what skins you guys were using when you experienced these problems
I myself had similar issues but since changing skin to Magic HD night the problems have all but disappeared.
The only problem I have now is that very occasionally when changing channels it will reboot and when it has restarted it will not be on the channel I was last on but will be on something completely random, for instance I came in the other day and the wife asked WTF is Marc Dorcel :eek: fortunately for me I had removed the card ;)

paul362
15-02-12, 11:20
just curious to what skins you guys were using when you experienced these problems
I myself had similar issues but since changing skin to Magic HD night the problems have all but disappeared.
The only problem I have now is that very occasionally when changing channels it will reboot and when it has restarted it will not be on the channel I was last on but will be on something completely random, for instance I came in the other day and the wife asked WTF is Marc Dorcel :eek: fortunately for me I had removed the card ;)

standard skin m8 no extra plugins either.

Mr. Mister
15-02-12, 12:50
I was using Vix night..

zola25
15-02-12, 16:21
I was also using Vix night and still am on the older image, its now been over two weeks since i switched back to the old image and not had one lockup or crash yet

WOIIFTM
15-02-12, 22:32
I was using the Magic-HD skin.