PDA

View Full Version : USALS setup and tune failed!

imran508
08-02-12, 14:27
VU+ Solo with VIX 2.3 image , 1 LNB motorised 110cm Technomate Dish, 0.1db LNB. Have a weird issue with the box.

1. I have a motorised set up and use the Positioner to get the channels. When I leave the latitude and longitude to default 5.100 and 50.67 it works fine, but as soon as i input my location co-ordinates(lat and longitude) and try to retune to 28.2 E and move the positioner,and does not find/lock at 28.2E. It does not pick up the channels at all. I have also checked that the limits are set to off. Also, just to confirm that my latitude and longitude co-ordinates are correct(53.59 East and 2.434 West)

2. The second issue is, when the postioner is left to default it can pick up 28.2 E and 13E, but nothing on 26 E and 0.7 W. When I check the Satfinder on 26E and 0.7 W, the SNR is really low say about 0-20%. It comes up with tune failed messages. I have an updated satellites.xml file with the latest transponder settings.

What I am surprised about is, how am I able to receive channels on one satellite and none on the other if my USALS settings are incorrect. Also, if the LNB is failing, it will not receive channels on 13E when moved from 28.2 E. I have scratched my head and spent about 4-5 hours using various options but no luck!! May be I am missing something!!

mrhdooley
08-02-12, 16:04
I am no expert at this, but here is how I set my dish when using USALS:

I set my coordinates into the tuner config

I then have my motor on 0 and by moving the motor brackets, I point the dish south, 180 and lock it. I then set the motor to 0.8W using my box and adjust the dish up or down or move the motor on the brackets until i get the best signal on 0.8W.

mrhdooley
08-02-12, 16:05
I am no expert at this, but here is how I set my dish when using USALS:

I set my coordinates into the tuner config

I then have my motor on 0 and by moving the motor brackets, I point the dish south, 180 and lock it. I then set the motor to 0.8W using my box and adjust the dish up or down or move the motor on the brackets until i get the best signal on 0.8W.

Now the Usals should work. I check the futherest sats east and west from zero to check for signal. If i get no signal, I use the fine tune and check if i am out a few steps east or west and play around with my coordinates until all of the sats have signal as quite often you need to adjust the numbers (when you adjust the numbers, check if it changes the number of steps east or west you are out) If one sat is difficult to get, turn usals off for this sat and set position manually and leave the USALS for the rest, or try checking if your pole is vertical/true in more than 1 direction!

You may have aligned the dish to recieve signal for 28 with incorrect settings that means the others dont have signal. By setting you. If you align dish on 28, or 13 for example, when you go west, the dish may not follow the correct arc and you will not have signal on the other sats, by using a sat in the middle like 0.8W, you should set the dish to follow the arc both east and west.

hope this helps!

mrhdooley
08-02-12, 16:08
With the second issue, it may be the dish is not aligned correctly but receive something on 13 as it may be a much stronger signal than 26 and still pick up something

basilyoung
10-02-12, 01:04
unless you are in the middle east, 26e/7w are a no no, unless you have a massive dish, well aligned

mrhdooley
10-02-12, 01:41
I get 26 from spain on 90cm dish