PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 1 based EPG for S*y UK required

kirit
07-02-12, 12:36
Hi

I'm looking for an Enigma 1 based EPG file/prog for my DM600. I understand EPG Evolution no longer exists/ or their servers are shut down.

Does anybody know of any EPG I can use for my above provider which will give me a complete 7 day listing.

Sadly as my DM600 is an ancient chinese clone its temperamental and only runs Gemini image without giving me any problems, so I'm looking for a file that I can FTP into the dreambox.

Larry-G
07-02-12, 16:07
It's been a while since I used my E1 receivers and as such I may be wrong if so I appologise. As far as I remember the EPG for these boxes is quite frankly appalling and I would be amazed if you could have a full 7 day EPG working with reliability on the E1 system.

Also please be aware that we here on WoS are vehermently against cloned receivers and we will not offer support for any such receiver.

Stanman
07-02-12, 19:04
On a PLI image there is instructions on how to get Rytec on it TBH I never got it to work properly on my DM7020.

Dave-H
08-02-12, 01:46
I'd forget about Gemini...

OpenPLi with sqlite/rytec worked perfectly on my old DMs. To get full 7 days though you'll need to store the epg data on HDD (if you have one fitted) or a network mount, otherwise you can only store about 3 days worth in /tmp.

irishchris
08-02-12, 17:11
Have recently resetup my dm600 in one of kids rooms and epg still works great for 7 days using sqlite importer and radiotimes as source. The first time you use ot you have to map the radiotimes sources to the channel list. Eg bbc1 on radiotimes to BBC one in you channel list. Very easy to do and only has to be done once. Although my dm600 had been redundant until recently it still impresses with its full tv guide. However you will have to have internal 2.5 inch hdd or network mount to store the epg.

kirit
11-02-12, 12:31
Hi there,

Thanks everybody for your input, esp irish chris. The DM600 has a 160GB internal hard drive and runs Gemini image. Apart from that im at a loss.
I'm getting extremely frustrated with this, I cant believe that its this difficult to install an EPG.

Chris I have no idea of how to map radio times or use sql importer. What would be my first step. Can I stick with Gemini image or do I need a different image.

It's unfortunate about the boxes, but I was a newcomer when to satellite when I first bought them and have now purchased a Vu+ Ultimo from the sponsor.

irishchris
12-02-12, 21:49
Hi mate, the epg importer comes as a plugin to download in pli's feeds. Use the pli dm600 1.0 final image as is quick, reliable and works remarkably well for an e1 image with epg. Once flashed you can get it IIRC by pressing blue button then software management and download from plugins feed. If stuck with anything give me shout and I can boot up my dm600 and guide you through.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk