PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] epg problems

andrewg
07-02-12, 09:26
hi need some help please about epg

running vix 2.3 and hd glass,cant get cross epg to fully populate, some channels are blank, some next two
programes, very random even straight after download

cheers

Sicilian
07-02-12, 11:56
HD Glass skin can cause some issues. Try default VIX Night skin and also please post your EPG settings.

andrewg
07-02-12, 14:56
epg settings
location /media/usb/
epg filename no
autorefresh no
auto save no
show eit now/next yes
enable eit epg yes
enable mhw epg no
enable freesat epg yes
enable viasat epg yes
enable netmed epg yes

the skin options i have in skin setup are default, magic, vix_day_hd or HD_glass

not changed a skin before is it just case of selecting one of the above and it does it automatically
mate set this box up, i have sucessfully set up a duo yesterday with no problems
thanks in advance

andy

Larry-G
07-02-12, 15:42
Yes pretty much, you will be asked to reboot the box and once rebooted the new skin will be in place.

andrewg
07-02-12, 16:28
put on the default skin no change, done crossepg download on blue button, and re-started box

when say for example i go to the first channel bbc in the normal menu ,pressing tv, then entertainment,then selecting bbc hd the programme on at that time is shown in yellow , out of the list of ten channels on the first entertainment page, only 5 have the current programme listed in yellow

when exiting and pressing the epg button, the same five channels have programmes listed in the epg

Larry-G
07-02-12, 17:09
The EPG data is only held in the memory while the box is running if you reboot the box it clears this temporary data and the EPG. you must then either download it again or setup your EPG to do this it self after a reboot.

Sicilian
07-02-12, 17:18
The EPG data is only held in the memory while the box is running if you reboot the box it clears this temporary data and the EPG. you must then either download it again or setup your EPG to do this it self after a reboot.

With the op's settings it should save the data during reboot in /media/usb, so should be there after reboot.

Can you please clarify does the EPG file have a name in settings?

Check that your USB stick in mounted to media/usb in mount manager. Blue button > VIX > Mount manager. Also what is the filesystem of the USB stick?

Stanman
07-02-12, 19:00
epg settings
location /media/usb/
epg filename no
autorefresh no
auto save no
show eit now/next yes
enable eit epg yes
enable mhw epg no
enable freesat epg yes
enable viasat epg yes
enable netmed epg yes

the skin options i have in skin setup are default, magic, vix_day_hd or HD_glass

not changed a skin before is it just case of selecting one of the above and it does it automatically
mate set this box up, i have sucessfully set up a duo yesterday with no problems
thanks in advance

andy
Have you configured crossEPG itself? Need to follow from No 4 onwards here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images&highlight=crossepg

andrewg
07-02-12, 19:13
stanman --yes been through the crossepg setup again

in mount manager says
mount/media/usb
device .dev/sda1
type vfat R/W

Stanman
07-02-12, 19:15
Can you post up your CrossEPG settings. The fact your only getting now and next seems to me the EPG is not downloaded. What source did you pick?

andrewg
07-02-12, 19:22
enable csv import yes
force epg reload on boot no
downloan on tune yes
scheduled download once per day
sched download 0.400
show as plugin yes
show as extension yes
show force reload as plugin no

Stanman
07-02-12, 19:28
enable csv import yes
force epg reload on boot no
downloan on tune yes
scheduled download once per day
sched download 0.400
show as plugin yes
show as extension yes
show force reload as plugin no
Have you selected providers from within CrossEPG?

andrewg
07-02-12, 19:44
sky uk open tv 28.2 ticked in green

Sicilian
07-02-12, 20:03
Crossepg guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images

andrewg
07-02-12, 20:50
used the crossepg guide for my duo yesterday works perfect, used the same guide for solo getting these problems

andrewg
08-02-12, 16:38
any hope for me on this one ?

andrewg
08-02-12, 17:41
getting an error message now when trying to update rytec providers cannot retrieve rytec sources

andrewg
09-02-12, 17:27
sorted now thanks, was a problem with usb stick thanks for all the help

cheers

ag