PDA

View Full Version : Broadband

Stanman
06-02-12, 00:00
Currently with O2 but thinking of going to Plusnet, talktalk or Sly.

Anyone using any of those and any recommendations. I will be taking BB and phone.

basilyoung
06-02-12, 00:14
well sky have a good deal at the mo, never used them myself, Plusnet, I was with them for a good while, but changed to BT, then moved to o2,

I would be interested in why you are moving from o2 though

jimbeb
06-02-12, 12:44
I have been with TalkTalk for years. Just signed a new 12mth contract and getting 9mth half price line rental international calls and anytime uk call plus unltd broadband for £20.05 for 9 mths then goes to £28 pm. Never had a problem with the broadband or phone and getting fibre optic in April time (hopefully). Hope this helps.

pooface
06-02-12, 13:00
Same as Jim. Been with TalkTalk for about 3 or 4 years now. Also on a new 12 month contract, which they offer you to keep you with them. But, for this, they give you good deals like the half price. The free international calls are good if you have family abroad.

Only downtime I've have has been twice in the whole time I've been with them. The odd slowdown, but I almost always get the full 2mb (20mbit) I'm connected at at all times... Only pants part is that the upload is stuck at the 1mbit (80kb/s) :(

But, for the price I'm not complaining...

However, I would suggest to see with other people in your region. As I know of a few people who are with talktalk, and they have had a lot of problems due to over subscribing at the exchange!

obo110x
06-02-12, 20:59
I'm with Plusnet, never had any downtime, only getting just over 2 Meg but hoping the fibre upgrades come along this year. They also knock £1 off your bill for every referral, don't know if any of the others do this?

Stanman
06-02-12, 21:00
Am only moving really due to price as lots of good deals out there. Unlike before the connection is mainly used for browsing now.

Stanman
16-03-12, 19:47
Bit the bullet and migrated to TT and so far experience has not been what I expected. The connection has been flaky and its the crap router they supply.

Set up a Sagem 2404 ex Sky and it seems to be more stable. The TT supplied Huwei I was getting a gradual deterioration with the downstream SNR until it lost synch at around 3, with the sagem its been pretty stable.

One think I was wondering if some one can explain. The huwei was set up to use PPOA where as on the sagem when I did that it ground to a stop. I changed it to PPOE and encapsulation LLC SNAP bridge and its whizzing around -Why do the two routers use different connection types on the same ISP?

Stanman
18-03-12, 16:28
Any one can shed any light?

One think I was wondering if some one can explain. The huwei was set up to use PPOA where as on the sagem when I did that it ground to a stop. I changed it to PPOE and encapsulation LLC SNAP bridge and its whizzing around -Why do the two routers use different connection types on the same ISP?