PDA

View Full Version : One for all remote

river-rat
05-02-12, 21:05
is anyone using a all for one remote for the 9200? i have 5 remotes and wanna get them down

was thinking of this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-all-Kameleon-8-1-remote-control-URC8308-/380300256101?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6120884548464028935

One for all Kameleon 8 in 1 remote control URC8308

anyone confirm is where learn the xtrend remote?

Stanman
05-02-12, 22:20
Quite a lot of users are using the Harmony range, can pick up second hand cheap or brand new 600/650 from logitech some times appear on special offer quite cheap.

Rob van der Does
06-02-12, 07:52
Using a Harmony will surprise you pleasantly. Make sure the model-type is 600 or higher.
Any Harmony will be able to command any device (via IR), and you will never again command a device as such, but activities (i.e. you tell the R/C what you want to accomplish, and the R/C will deal with any device involved).

silent_hill_dan
06-02-12, 12:36
Hi there,
I would highly recommend you the Logitech Harmony One. It is a bit expensive but certainly is the best you can find.
I'm controlling my TV, ET9000, A/V Receiver, Photo Frame, DVD player all together.
Using "Activities" to start/stop several products at once is really practical. And having a customizable touchscreen (for favorite channels or other commands) is very handy.
Setting up the remote will take you a bit of time but it's definitely worth it.
Dan.

Rob van der Does
06-02-12, 13:00
LOL, I just would advise against the One.
The One is the only Harmony that does not have coloured buttons; and we all know how often they are used for controlling STB's.
Of course, they can be added to the LCD-screen as 'soft-buttons', but that is really a wast of 'expensive' space, and can only be considered as a work-around, not as a solution.
Logitech has solemnly promised never to make this mistake again......

river-rat
18-02-12, 11:50
got my 650 today, trying to set up command for vt30 tv 9200 box and lg cinema sound and nothing switches on, any pointers?

i used the help and get them all to switch off, but when i press watch tv, it asks me to set the button up, which i have 4 times

Rob van der Does
18-02-12, 14:02
Are you using the webinterface to set it up, or the software that has to be installed on the PC? Anyway: better use the latter.

river-rat
19-02-12, 10:56
it only gave me the web page, but sorted it after a while, (had to turn of hdmi control) but its a hit and miss on the cinema sound.

when i press it, if i had left it on one setting, it does changes it? ie told it i use opt 1 for sat box , if i had left it on opt 2 (ps3) turns on but does change setting

Rob van der Does
19-02-12, 11:03
First of all I would suggest installing the software that's available from the Logitech site. That gives much better control over the R/C settings: the web-if is not mature.
Secondly: if the problem persists, I would use Logitech's Customer Care. From within the software it's quite easy to write a mail, which is usually reacted on within a short notice.

river-rat
19-02-12, 11:44
thanks for the reply,

just downloaded the software....

on the et9200, it keeps asking me for input to watch tv. you dont need one, does anyone know what they used to get it to work. On the web page way i got the tv to turn on and stb on and lg cinema sound on all ok.

The only issue at present is to get opt 1 to come on the sound.

i pressed the help to say its on and 20 times to say its not set to opt 1....

Rob van der Does
19-02-12, 11:49
on the et9200, it keeps asking me for input to watch tv. you dont need one, does anyone know what they used to get it to work. .....
Ah, indeed a known problem.
If you go to the device setup for the 9200, you can delete all the inputs. When done, you go over the activity setup once more, and then you should be ready to go.

river-rat
19-02-12, 11:55
sorted that out :) now for the opt 1 i think i know why.... on the setting i found a part saying about millisecs for codes to be sent when i turn on the lg, it says please wait rubbish for about 3 secs. the max time on the code sending is 3000 millsecs, going to go to support site and post