PDA

View Full Version : Installing OScam on Vix to use with own Sly card and alongside CCcam

Markymark
05-02-12, 20:49
Ok, I am now getting to the point where I want to do more and well getting Pick TV to work on my sly card can be something I can try.

However I have no idea how I go about getting this setup to work with my Sly card - which is a freesat one. How do I go about getting both cccam and oscam to work alongside each other? Also is there a preferred version of oscam that I should use? I know with cccam many people dont like the new versions as they are not sure where they have been built.

All help would be great as I would like to get learning about another softcam.

Stanman
05-02-12, 22:23
Oscam stable is 1.10 and google will take you to the source, but any of the new releases work fine for me.
Some info here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7609-Oscam-setup&highlight=oscam

Oscam will read the card for you as well so need to use CCcam.

Markymark
05-02-12, 22:31
What does your final line mean?

Stanman
05-02-12, 23:27
Some people use CCcam to read the card but you can read the card with oscam so no need to run CCcam as well.

Markymark
07-02-12, 20:27
Where do I put those config files for oscam?

Will cccam and oscam work alongside each other?

Markymark
07-02-12, 20:46
Maybe I'm being silly as getting confused the more I read. Is oscam a replacement for cccam or can they run side by side? What confused me was reading the setup of oscam which talks about entering line settings (which I know is cccam style).

Hence now confused if I can use both or not. Only want pick tv and more reliable card updating.

Stanman
07-02-12, 22:57
where do i put those config files for oscam?

Will cccam and oscam work alongside each other?

etc/tuxbox/config

Markymark
12-02-12, 12:32
Ok just sat down to have a bash at this. Think I have found the oscam via google, however where do they locate the e2 download file, which I can download and then install from the temp file on my box?

Stanman
12-02-12, 18:46
You can download a IPK fiel from here for the VIX image

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

satplustv
15-02-12, 19:58
If you are not very experienced and want all channels working on your Sly card try the latest Blackhole Back up image as its pre configured and will open Pick etc....

Markymark
16-02-12, 12:00
Is this something that vix will do in the future?

Stanman
16-02-12, 13:09
No, no softcam or CFG files will be in any of our images. There is assistance on the site and internet on how to get it working for personal card.

As far as I know BH image does not come with the cams installed and earlier poster may well be referring to a back up some one posted.

satplustv
16-02-12, 16:20
Yes it is a Black Hole Back Up image which is what i posted and is set up and ready to use which may be an easy option for the less experienced user