PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 2.3

danped
05-02-12, 15:37
Hi - I just in stalled Vix 2.3 (upgraded from 2.2) The menu doesn't fit the screen now and when I go to Menu->Setup->System-> OSD The menu list is blank so I can't seem to change the settings.

Sicilian
05-02-12, 16:43
Use left, right, up & down buttons either side of OK to change settings.

danped
05-02-12, 19:54
Hi - I've tried this but it does nothing....:confused:

psionguy
06-02-12, 14:43
Strange, have you tried a re-boot?

danped
06-02-12, 21:10
Yes- I've tried a reboot and reinstall with the same result. The OSD menu is totally blank is that normal? I'd take a screenshot to illustrate it but I can't manage that at the moment. Is your osd menu list blank?

Larry-G
06-02-12, 21:14
it should look like this.

psionguy
07-02-12, 11:26
Yes- I've tried a reboot and reinstall with the same result. The OSD menu is totally blank is that normal? I'd take a screenshot to illustrate it but I can't manage that at the moment. Is your osd menu list blank?

No, it should look like the posted image. I would do a re-flash (USB Method) and start again, do not use the backup feature but FTP your files and use dreamset edit to put your channel list back or do a re-scan. Don't forget to do an online software upgrade to ensure you have latest image and drivers.

I must assume that there was a problem with your install for this problem to happen, let me know how you get on.

danped
07-02-12, 22:41
Thanks - it doesnt look like that. I have been restoring a backup during load. Is there a group of files / folders I can take a copy of to do a manual backup or a guide you know of?

I'll give this a go and post the result.

TY

psionguy
08-02-12, 11:05
Thanks - it doesnt look like that. I have been restoring a backup during load. Is there a group of files / folders I can take a copy of to do a manual backup or a guide you know of?

I'll give this a go and post the result.

TY

OK I think this is why you are having a problem, a re-flash without backup is what is required. It is not difficult to do and should only take a few minutes, I need to know the following from you:-

What dish setup do you have, static movable or both?
Are you using a CCcam.cfg file?
Do you know how to FTP files?
Have you used software to edit your channel list, or did you just do a channel scan via your VU?

Let me have this info and I will try and help you.

danped
08-02-12, 20:28
OK I think this is why you are having a problem, a re-flash without backup is what is required. It is not difficult to do and should only take a few minutes, I need to know the following from you:-

What dish setup do you have, static movable or both?
Are you using a CCcam.cfg file?
Do you know how to FTP files?
Have you used software to edit your channel list, or did you just do a channel scan via your VU?

Let me have this info and I will try and help you.

Hi - I have motorised on one tuner and fixed dish on the other. Yes I am using a cccam.cfg file and I'm fine with FTP. I've got my backup of my bouquet using dbedit so I'm fine with bouquet restore.

Thanks.

psionguy
08-02-12, 21:45
Hi - I have motorised on one tuner and fixed dish on the other. Yes I am using a cccam.cfg file and I'm fine with FTP. I've got my backup of my bouquet using dbedit so I'm fine with bouquet restore.

Thanks.

Firstly make a note of all your dish settings (menu / settings / service searching / tuner config) Re-flash your VU with your USB stick, and re-boot when completed, but do not take the restore settings from backup option and choose the manual setup. It should still ask you if you would like to connect to the internet, and follow the instructions. Once connection has been established do the online update to ensure you have the latest firmware and drivers. Re input your dish settings (service searching / poistioner setup / tuner config ) and then put your bouguets back via dbedit (check that both your dishs are working ok) FTP your CCcam plugin into your temp folder and install via menu / setup / vix / install local extension, then FTP your cfg file to var / etc, don't forget to enable CCcam (setup / softcam/ci. All being well your OSD should be available for you to adjust your screen. If all working as it should be do a new setting backup and image backup.

richf176
30-04-12, 08:33
I'm new to this and seem to have the same problem.My VU+duo came from WOS with Vix image already installed.will i have to re-install?

Sicilian
30-04-12, 08:43
I'm new to this and seem to have the same problem.My VU+duo came from WOS with Vix image already installed.will i have to re-install?

Read through this thread, all the answers are there if you are referring to OSD setup.

richf176
12-05-12, 10:35
Did all that was in thread....It worked thanks but has since gone back to how it was before not sure why

richf176
12-05-12, 10:38
The OSD has gone back also when I re flashed other items appeared on menu but they've gone now again