PDA

View Full Version : Gamer dies in Internet cafe, no one notices all day

Larry-G
05-02-12, 11:11
A gamer in Taiwan passed away at an Internet cafe last week, and no one noticed for a full 9 hours.
Chen Rong-yu, who was 23, suffered and died from a heart attack after playing League of Legends for almost 24 straight hours.

The gamer, playing in the cafe in New Taipei City, died but stayed in the same position, with his hands outstretched and on the keyboard. Rong-yu was known to take naps in his chair, so no one seemed to notice. There were 30 other people playing around him but no one noticed until rigor mortis had begun to set in. At that point, a waitress realized what had happened and called the police.

Rong-yu had a history of a bad heart, and initial tests say he died of a heart attack "brought on by low temperatures, fatigue and lack of movement," says the Mail.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/02/04/gamer_dies_in_internet_cafe_no_one_notices_all_day

silverfox0786
05-02-12, 13:09
i was watching strange and curious deaths on crime hd last week and a similar issue in taiwan was shown not this but one before this

the guy played for 36 hours and fell to the floor off his chair dead

they said that he died of over exhausting his body and had heart failure

pooface
05-02-12, 14:55
tbh, I can't see how people can play that long without (a) taking a nap, (b) going for loo rests, (c) getting bored and just wanting to walk off! I'm all for gaming and being on the computer etc, but I think the longest I get sit at it without getting restless and just wanting to stretch the legs/stop is about 4 hours ... and that's very rare!

punisher
05-02-12, 15:23
Ive played COD for 14hrs regularly like a total geek and it is exhausting lol problem is when ur so into the game u really do not realise time fly by, before u knw it, its 8am thr next day.

Larry-G
05-02-12, 15:41
tbh, I can't see how people can play that long without (a) taking a nap, (b) going for loo rests, (c) getting bored and just wanting to walk off! I'm all for gaming and being on the computer etc, but I think the longest I get sit at it without getting restless and just wanting to stretch the legs/stop is about 4 hours ... and that's very rare!

LMFAO when COD modern warfare 2 came out i played 16 hrs strait without a break, then had 4 hrs sleep and another 16 hrs solid again.

Foxylady
05-02-12, 15:44
Then they brought out wank ops & modern shite 3 which got me off my chair in 5 minutes, they were that boring :D

Larry-G
05-02-12, 15:45
Then they brought out wank ops & modern shite 3 which got me off my chair in 5 minutes, they were that boring :D

yep i agree with that. never played more than 5 minutes of either of them.