PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Sources] CrossEPG on Interactive channels

satnav
04-02-12, 10:46
Hi Guys, After resolving my EPG issue yesterday I now have no EPG data for all the interactive channels is there a separate data source for these please?
Satnav

Larry-G
04-02-12, 10:50
There is no EPG except now and next for the interactive channels, either the BBCi or Sky interactive channels.

satnav
04-02-12, 10:53
I dont see any! all the Picons are displayed and the normal time grid with no content!
Satnav

Larry-G
04-02-12, 11:02
as i said there is no EPG for those channels as there not broadcast all the time, at best you may expect to see a now and next when the channels are broadcasting live events etc, but thats a at best situation.

satnav
04-02-12, 11:06
Thanks but I was just watching the golf on interactive by trial and error as nothing was in the epg and the cricket is on now but still no data!

Larry-G
04-02-12, 11:10
Thanks but I was just watching the golf on interactive by trial and error as nothing was in the epg and the cricket is on now but still no data!

Thats just the way it is as there not intended to be watched by any other means than the red button function on a official receiver.

satnav
04-02-12, 11:26
Thanks but the data must be out there, it needs adding by the appropriate expert (not me) and your asuming that I havnt got my white card in the DUO! :)
Satnav

Larry-G
04-02-12, 11:36
I am not assuming any thing. The interactive channels are meant only to be viewed from a official receiver by the red button services, there is no EPG and never has been for these channels nor will there be.

satnav
04-02-12, 13:07
What about the BBCI progs as not subsription or sky box requirement?

Larry-G
04-02-12, 13:12
It has nothing to do with subscription channels. These channels are not intended to be accessed by any other means than The red button feature and there has never been a formal EPG setup for them.

Rob van der Does
06-02-12, 08:15
The XMLTV-importer offers a limited amount of EPG on those channels.

Larry-G
06-02-12, 08:23
I use the XMLTV option and occasionally get a now and next but only very occasionally. thats about as far as any epg goes on these channels.

Rob van der Does
06-02-12, 08:54
I use the XMLTV option and occasionally get a now and next but only very occasionally. thats about as far as any epg goes on these channels.
Probably a stupid question, but: is that with the source 'Rytec UK BBCi XMLTV' activated?

Larry-G
06-02-12, 09:06
yes it is.

satnav
12-02-12, 00:06
It has nothing to do with subscription channels. These channels are not intended to be accessed by any other means than The red button feature and there has never been a formal EPG setup for them.
I have pasted a screen view of tonights Interactive EPG listings!

basilyoung
12-02-12, 00:21
and thats all you will get, as those transponders will close once the footy 1st ends transmissions...sometimes they are live for other events, often with incorrect audio, with several audio options

Larry-G
12-02-12, 00:21
I have pasted a screen view of tonights Interactive EPG listings!

mine show until 09:00 but my point still stands, these channels are not even available via the official sky epg on a sky box so dont expect much in the way of a full epg for them on any thing else.

basilyoung
12-02-12, 00:29
the other thing about the uploadable channel listings, is that thes "extra" listings were for a long time not found by a standard scan, as there are listed as "data" and therefore ignored, so but for an unknown hero/heros, these channels would not be available even now

Rob van der Does
12-02-12, 04:52
the other thing about the uploadable channel listings, is that thes "extra" listings were for a long time not found by a standard scan, as there are listed as "data" and therefore ignored, so but for an unknown hero/heros, these channels would not be available even now
They are also available in a number of settings, that are on the feeds.