PDA

View Full Version : Wavefrontier T90

canthackit
04-02-12, 05:14
Hi

i shall be moving home home shortly and my motorised setup in not ideal for my new location, so i'm looking at the fixed dish setupand particularly the Wavefrontier T90 for 4 sat's 19.2E 13E 4.8E 0.8W, been googleing the setup process which i thought would be realativly straight forward in actual fact looks a nightmare.

Is it that difficult? without the appropiate tools/meters etc or even with for that matter.

Also apart from the dish what else do i need, 4 lnb's (which one's would you recommend) a diseqc switch, cabling, lnb holders, anything i've missed?, then best place to buy the items from, wished WoS did them;)

Sorry about all the questions, but i think my pal the installer is out of the country atm and not sure if or when he'll back.

thanks for reading:thumbsup:

regards: canthackit

ringo
04-02-12, 07:43
The hardware assambly job is not too hard. But the nightmare,as you said, will be to adjust the lnb's to the right positions. It will be impossible without any instrument to measure the signal. With a signalmeter instrument it is not so difficult to position the lnb's.

You will need 4 lnb (there are lots of lnb's in the market, I use Titanium Single LNB 0.1dB) to get acess to the 4 satellites you mentioned.
Diseqc, cable, lnb holders are things that you will need. When I ordered my dish (in Sweden) the lnb holders were enclosed in the delivery.

canthackit
04-02-12, 15:23
ringo

a brilliant reply thanks mate, i found a dish in Belgium unfortuantely they replied to me that they are out of stock :D wouldn't you just know it, i think i'll get the top quality signal meter from the sponsor they can always come in handy.

i see lot's of post by ppl saying they get they're dish's from sweden so i'll investigate that further.

thnaks for the help so far.

thanks & regards: canthackit

canthackit
04-02-12, 16:11
got another question :rolleyes:

what about pulling in signals i'll be in south london and want to receive 19.2E and 13.0E these i'm sure should be ok, but it's 4.8E and 0.8W that i'm concerned about, do you have any idea or where i can check?

Stanman
04-02-12, 16:13
Have a look on king of sats for the sat footprint as it will list dish sizes

canthackit
04-02-12, 17:33
been thinking tho...

footprint on my existing motorised system works as pro rata, you know depending what time of day etc on sirius:rolleyes:

it's not the footprint thats the problem, it's the dish's signal reception, i dont know the technical terms but how much of the sirius signal is the wavefrontier going to get in the fixed position.

digi247
05-02-12, 02:23
If your talking about the Nordic beam i doubt you would pick it up, european beam is fine but the Nordic is a no go unless you had this as your reference sat then you may be OK

canthackit
05-02-12, 04:51
ok thanks

what then if i use thor/sirius as my reference, would i be able to pull in astra/hotbird, 'cos obviously if i cant get a decent signal from these 4 sats, i'm going to have to try and seek an alternative setup.

thanks & regards: canthackit

basilyoung
06-02-12, 00:31
it might be better to concider two dishes, mounted on a floor stand, one could give 19/13, and 28 the other Sirus and 1 west if and then use a 4/1 disque switch, you have a twin tuner, obviosly you will more options

as far as the Nordic beam goes, the further North/north west you are the better, also a feed horn would be a big help, along with dish size

canthackit
07-02-12, 18:41
ok thanks guy's

i've took the plunge and ordered the T90 with mounting bracket + 4 lnb's + a 4in 1out diseqc switch, think i should be ok for cable:D

just hope my pal gets back from China soon he's the installer :D