PDA

View Full Version : Question about having a fixed dish AND motorised connected to one vu+ duo?

PAUL7331
03-02-12, 14:13
Hi guys, my current set up is vu+ duo connected to a fixed 28.2e sat dish, and then a DM800 connected to my 90cm motorised sat dish.

My question is IF I sell my dm800, would I be able to have the 28.2e dish connected in one input on my vu+ duo, and the motorised dish connected in to the other input? Would this work?

So I would be sort of killing two birds with one stone?

Larry-G
03-02-12, 14:16
yes both can be connected to a duo just fine

PAUL7331
03-02-12, 14:25
yes both can be connected to a duo just fine

Thanks mate, so basically I can use one input for fixed dish, but then when I want to move to say, 13e, it would use my second input automatically? Or would I have to go to settings and say, 'select' input 2 for the motorised dish?

Larry-G
03-02-12, 14:27
for example, you have the fixed dish on tuner 1, and the motorized dish on tuner two. as long as you have the tuners them selves set up correctly the receiver it self will know which is which with no input from you other than changing the channel etc.

PAUL7331
03-02-12, 14:35
for example, you have the fixed dish on tuner 1, and the motorized dish on tuner two. as long as you have the tuners them selves set up correctly the receiver it self will know which is which with no input from you other than changing the channel etc.

Brilliant, thanks mate.
I have no idea why I have not sold my DM800 ages ago??!?!? Laziness on my behalf I guess!:rolleyes:

Larry-G
03-02-12, 14:39
lol i cant really say any thing against the DM's other than there way over priced and just not in the same universe never mind league as the Vu.

PAUL7331
03-02-12, 14:50
lol i cant really say any thing against the DM's other than there way over priced and just not in the same universe never mind league as the Vu.

Agreed. Ive owned loads of different sat boxes and the VU is definitely the best ive had.