PDA

View Full Version : help need with setting up timeshift plugin

sunlight786
02-02-12, 17:25
hi, i have install plugin called timeshift where i can rewind the live thing with out pressing record.my quisten is will this timeshift will fill my HDD? once i change the chanel how can i remove the temp recording from hard drive?
alll i want not to fill my HDD with this timeshift recording etc.....

Larry-G
02-02-12, 17:27
Which image ? and if ViX the timeshift and permanent timeshift functions are already built into the image so there is no need to install other plugins.

sunlight786
02-02-12, 17:52
i have installed BH 1.7.0

Larry-G
02-02-12, 17:55
i have installed BH 1.7.0

ok thanks for clearing that up, although it would have been better to have stated that in the original post, sadly though i dont run BH so cant be much help.

Clabs
02-02-12, 20:31
hi, i have install plugin called timeshift where i can rewind the live thing with out pressing record.my quisten is will this timeshift will fill my HDD? once i change the chanel how can i remove the temp recording from hard drive?
alll i want not to fill my HDD with this timeshift recording etc.....

Sunlight

I am assuming you are referring to the Permanent Timeshift plugin and that being the case - the answer is NO - it will not fill up your HDD. The plugin will manage the temporary Timeshift data for you. So when you change channel, data from the previous channel is removed and storing of the current channel begins etc.

Hope that helps.

sunlight786
02-02-12, 22:09
i ftp the media/hdd and tried so many chanel to change and refresh ftp and it is exact like you said mate.