PDA

View Full Version : What is (exit code 5)

Ex-TM6900
01-02-12, 20:19
I have latest BH image..

I set the box up, rebooted and now im stuck with this message:- :mad:

How can i sort it out or add what it needs please?

Ex-TM6900
02-02-12, 22:22
seems i am only getting this screen with BH 1.71 ???

When I flash other images - no such issue?:mad:

silverfox0786
02-02-12, 22:23
show us the crashlog

although it BH image im sure we can look at it and give you a basic explination

Ex-TM6900
02-02-12, 22:44
hi silver,

ive since reflashed with open pli

Please review the image of crash details in post 1 and i welcome any comment...

i would love to use the vix image but as you may remember, andy hasnt got the time to devote to getting my hauppage hvr900 dongle working.
ironically, it only works with BH *-(

silverfox0786
02-02-12, 22:45
i would love to use the vix image but as you may remember, andy hasnt got the time to devote to getting my hauppage hvr900 dongle working.
ironically, it only works with BH *-(

you need to understand it not about time but the fact andy is not a driver coder and does driver coding on trial and error basis and that takes alot of time without any garuntees it will work

Larry-G
02-02-12, 22:46
The problem is that the image only contains a minute portion of the crash information and as such is of no use as it does not contain any meaningful data. you really need to upload the whole log it self but as you have re-flashed this is now no longer possible.

Ex-TM6900
02-02-12, 23:02
I know Phoenix...

Problem was, when i got the boot loop error, i couldnt telnet into the box either, so whatever log files were in flash couldn't be accessed:confused:

Ex-TM6900
02-02-12, 23:04
takes alot of time without any garuntees it will work

Your right neighbour....

Andy spent lots of his time trying to assist me and im very grateful for all his input and yours and others, as a matter of fact.:)

Donnie
02-02-12, 23:13
Great response but also remember that this is the home of VIX team, great image and support but its hard to help when you encounter a problem with an image that you are not so familiar with.
crashlog is the way forward.

Ex-TM6900
02-02-12, 23:55
Great response but also remember that this is the home of VIX team, great image and support but its hard to help when you encounter a problem with an image that you are not so familiar with.
crashlog is the way forward.

thanks Donnie - but problem was that I couldnt access the box to get to the crashlog...