PDA

View Full Version : how to stream ? ?

dan44762000
01-02-12, 17:35
i live a long way from my father but i want him to be able to watch the footie that i can watch through my technomate tm800hd. he is not allowed to have a satellite dish on his house so that avenue is closed .

how can i stream what i am watching on my tv to somewhere that only he will be able to acesss , i do not want any tom dick and harry enjoying my tv channels for free.

i have seen them do it on twitch tv and the like but i would only want him to be able to view via the internet and not just any random person .

what equipment would i need etc etc

many thanks Dan

Stanman
01-02-12, 23:08
Have a google for slingbox, though there might be a cheaper option as well.

Larry-G
02-02-12, 07:25
If your intending to stream channels outside your local network your going to need a fairly fast upload speed.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

dan44762000
02-02-12, 11:59
so slingbox can do it then ? ?
i cannot do it using my current box (tecnomate tm800hd)
i have 5meg upload speed and 37 download speed !

DixieRay
12-06-12, 10:43
slingbox will be ok if you only want to stream to one user I|f you want many users then geta capture card for your pc and connect it to your decoder. there are plenty choices for capture cards the blackmagics are supposed to be good and the ospreys or matroxs these will let you stream to as many users as you want on the hosting sites. you will probebly need about 700k upload speen for non hd and up to 2mb of 3mb for widescreen hd. You can set the hosting sites with access permisons so that oly approved users can view the stream using either an IP address cotrol or a password. your technomate will not stream directly you will need eithr a slingbox or a capture card