PDA

View Full Version : vu solo problem with conecting homeplugs

wrigley
01-02-12, 14:26
i have a vu solo downstairs and have 1 for upstairs the problem is i didnt want to cat 5 the house so i purchased 2 comtrend homeplugs prob is i cannot get them to work no matter what i do they both come up as ap has any one used these and got them to work or could it be that my router is the problem i have the virgin media supper hub any help would be great thanks in advance

hilly
01-02-12, 18:21
Hello mate,i have been using the same homeplugs for a while now and they work great.Did you pair them up by putting them side by side and pressing config.and obviously you have one direct attached to router then one with each solo.

Dell_XPS
01-02-12, 18:29
Comtrend are fantastic m8, use them on my Vu duo, have you tried upgrading the firmware on them ?

wrigley
01-02-12, 18:32
Hello mate,i have been using the same homeplugs for a while now and they work great.Did you pair them up by putting them side by side and pressing config.and obviously you have one direct attached to router then one with each solo.

the one solo downstairs is on a cat 5 yes both have been paired i just didnt fancy running cat 5 cable up the stairs im sure it must be a problem with the virgin superhub but its beyond me all i get on the plug upstairs is no conectivity

wrigley
01-02-12, 18:33
not touched the firmware m8 as they was sent to me by a m8 who had them working with his duo so i know they work but they just dont want to play ball for me lol

wrigley
01-02-12, 19:03
have got these working now so if a mod would like to close post

i did a factory reset on them again and they worked

thanks for the help guys