PDA

View Full Version : Loop thru issue

Midnight
01-02-12, 01:04
I'm experiencing a strange issue with the ET5000's loopthru.

Basicly, if I connect my Humax reciever to the ET's loop thru it causes the ET to lose signal on some transponders.

This despite the Humax being on standby.

These signals return if I unplug the Humax from the mains but leave it connected to the loopthru.

I'm assuming the Humax is in some way interfering with ET, perhaps some mains hum?

Has anyone else had this and is there away round this without having to keep switching off the Humax?

digi247
01-02-12, 02:38
Never had that issue with a skyHD box when i had my ET9000 but i did notice that when watching through the Sky HD box and the 9000 in deep standby the signal levels where never as good as if it where directy connected. there is no substitute for separate feeds.

Sicilian
01-02-12, 07:06
Its the Humax not turning off LNB connection.

Midnight
03-02-12, 10:53
Thanks guys,

Are there any alternatives to using loop thru to service two boxes from one LNB cable?

Like a switch or something?

At the moment I'm simply switching off the Humax untill it is needed but I'd rather not have to do that.

Sicilian
03-02-12, 10:59
Fit a twin output LNB, best way imo so each receiver will have it own independant feed.

digi247
03-02-12, 11:14
Thanks guys,

Are there any alternatives to using loop thru to service two boxes from one LNB cable?

Like a switch or something?

At the moment I'm simply switching off the Humax untill it is needed but I'd rather not have to do that.

Sicilian is correct fit a twin or future proof with a quad, If you cant get to the dish easy enough then an A/B switch will do what you want without having to unplug the Humax all the time

Larry-G
03-02-12, 11:23
it is possible to fit a switch but it is not a very good idea, as it could lead to damage to both the receiver and lnb. going for a twin lnb would be the best and safest method available.

Midnight
03-02-12, 11:30
Sorry forgot to mention that I'm using a communal dish so adding twin output lnb is not an option.

I think I'll juststick with switching off the Humax when not in use.

Thanks anyway

Sicilian
03-02-12, 11:37
As Pheonix suggested, a switch would be possible. Google search F Type A/B switch ;)

Rob van der Does
03-02-12, 13:02
Sorry forgot to mention that I'm using a communal dish so adding twin output lnb is not an option.
If that means you have quattro LNB's you're even better of.