PDA

View Full Version : Channel numbers?

steford
02-08-10, 12:18
Not sure if I'm being thick but I can't see any channel numbers to go directly to channels? Am I missing something?

Any tips on making this as wife friendly as possible? She needs access to 2 channels only. Channel numbers are fine and I'd like to have a special section in Favourites for her. Can I manually edit a favourites file somewhere to achieve this? Is the only way to view the Favourites list via Channel Up -> Blue?

Using latest Dream Elite image.

Thanks.

t.ph
02-08-10, 15:51
Use DBEdit to set it up how you want it & to renumber the channels to what pleases you

steford
02-08-10, 22:08
Thanks very much - thought it might come to that.

Stanman
03-08-10, 19:45
Download the B16MCC bouquet and it will number the channels just like sky so 101 will take you to BBC1. You can than add and remove for your regional variations

satmann
03-08-10, 20:27
stanman, can you please provide some assistance on how do use this list? Every time I try to use it - the box seems to mess up. If I ftp the files to /etc/engima2 then the tuner configuration gets corrupted and no channels work. If I just copy the .tv files then I have the list in favourites but the numbers are all wrong. I have already created a thread for this but not received the right response.

Stanman
03-08-10, 20:32
Use dreamboxedit to load the files and transfer them to the box. You need to select the engima 2 settings in the option tab. There is tutorial by Scillian on this site. Also need to enable duplicate bouquets in the option tab as well.

Heres the link the tutorial
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

satmann
03-08-10, 22:03
Tried that - with no joy. Think I have found the problem but just not sure on how to fix. It seems as if the satellite selected when the image installed is "Astra 2/Eurobird 1 (28.2E)" but the bouquet has "Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E)". I think this could explain the tuner configuration change and why the bouquet would not work - any ideas on how to change the tuner configuration satellite selection? I am using the latest DE image.

Sicilian
04-08-10, 05:50
Transfer the settings/bouquets again with dreamboxedit. Press reload settings button in dreamboxedit once transferred, then set your tuner to Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E). Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E) is the same as Astra 2/Eurobird 1 (28.2E) just that, that particular settings/bouquet set name it different.

satmann
04-08-10, 15:52
After I have transferred the files and clicked reload, my tuner information disappears. When I go to set the tuner configuration and try to select the satellites for port a or b - it just says disconnected and does not allow me to select one. I have selected the option and tried pressing left/right to select, its as if it corrupts the satellite settings. This is really weird and now becoming more frustrating!!! Can I set the tuner configuration in an XML or settings files?

Sicilian
04-08-10, 16:10
Have you checked the options screen and setup a profile exactly like this?

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=385&stc=1&d=1274433313

Click on save. Then opened the settings and send them to the Duo.

satmann
04-08-10, 16:25
Settings are exactly the same as posted. One thing that may help you diagnose the problem is that its unable to reload the settings so I end up just restarting enigma2 - what does the reload option actually do?

Sending Reload commands.
This might take up to a few minutes to let the Dreambox complete the reloading.
Network response: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Could not connect to Dreambox on IP adress 192.168.0.11, check the IP address and/or your network.

I can telnet/FTP to the box ok.

pooface
04-08-10, 16:50
Other thing to try, is once you've ftp'd the settings accross, log in to the box via telnet, and issue the command:

killall -9 enigma2

This should be the same as the reload command...

satmann
08-08-10, 09:36
Nope, Could not kill pid '1491': No such process

Did a "restart enigma2" - still no joy.