PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Uno Internal HD cables and screws

limeyuk
30-01-12, 22:11
Evening All - I've taken a read and looked here too http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10486-How-to-go-about-installing-a-HDD

Although that explained initialisation HDD , my query is more simple :rolleyes:
Inside the Vu+ Uno is the cable/screwed inside the unit ? -Or do they come in a separate bag for installation.
I already have Solo so plan to move Sata drive into Uno, but want to make sure I don't need to order anything additional before ordering Uno from sponsor .
Life is all about keeping things simple. One day I'll learn to get to the point in my questions :p

Stanman
30-01-12, 22:19
Evening All - I've taken a read and looked here too http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10486-How-to-go-about-installing-a-HDD

Although that explained initialisation HDD , my query is more simple :rolleyes:
Inside the Vu+ Uno is the cable/screwed inside the unit ? -Or do they come in a separate bag for installation.
I already have Solo so plan to move Sata drive into Uno, but want to make sure I don't need to order anything additional before ordering Uno from sponsor .
Life is all about keeping things simple. One day I'll learn to get to the point in my questions :p

With the DUO everything came with the box and no reason why it should be different for the UNO.

Drop the sponsor a PM and he can confirm.

Rob van der Does
30-01-12, 22:23
Same for UNO indeed.

Larry-G
30-01-12, 22:40
As already pointed put every thing comes with the unit including the HDD cradle with screws and rubber grommets, and the power / data cables for the HDD. all you need to provide is a screwdriver and the HDD.

limeyuk
30-01-12, 23:07
Thank you all !

iQi
09-02-12, 19:54
As already pointed put every thing comes with the unit including the HDD cradle with screws and rubber grommets, and the power / data cables for the HDD. all you need to provide is a screwdriver and the HDD.

Mine came with the cables, but no screws or rubber grommets and I struggled today to fix a 2TB HDD. Had to "borrow" screws from other old devices, and still the HDD doesn't sit very well on the cradle (maybe because no rubber grommets?)

Any idea where should these items be located, certainly not in the same sealed bag of the cables that came with my box.

Larry-G
09-02-12, 19:59
Mine came with the cables, but no screws or rubber grommets and I struggled today to fix a 2TB HDD. Had to "borrow" screws from other old devices, and still the HDD doesn't sit very well on the cradle (maybe because no rubber grommets?)

Any idea where should these items be located, certainly not in the same sealed bag of the cables that came with my box.

they should be together in their own sealed bag. inside the box. every Vu i have received has had these ( uno, duo, ultimo ).

if you purchased the receiver from the site sponsor send him a pm and he may be able to sort you out with replacements.

iQi
09-02-12, 20:08
they should be together in their own sealed bag. inside the box. every Vu i have received has had these ( uno, duo, ultimo ).

if you purchased the receiver from the site sponsor send him a pm and he may be able to sort you out with replacements.

Many Thanks mate!
I found the small bag hiding in one corner of the empty box.... now will go and reassemble the HDD properly :)

Larry-G
09-02-12, 20:10
no worries i'm pleased you found them.