PDA

View Full Version : Weird Bouquet Issues

satmann
02-08-10, 11:27
Hi All

I have just reflashed my duo with the latest DE image but when I try to use the "Sly UK Bouquets v3.0 July 1st 2010 by B16MCC", the channels are all over the place. I can see the channels in favourites and they are in the right place but the channel numbers are all different. The left number on the display seems to be number I need to use to zap to the channel, but the correct number is near the channel name

eg

691 301 - Sky Movies Premiere

I have to enter 691 to get to this channel. I didn't use DBedit to upload the bouquets as this kept messing up the tuner configuration and stop the receiver from automatic scanning. I manually copied the necessary file to /etc/enigma2 - would that make a difference?

Any ideas?

t.ph
02-08-10, 15:56
Use DBEdit now to download your settings & bouquets then change channel nunbers ect to how you want it. You should have no trouble when you reload because it will be your settings that you have downloaded & reloaded.

satmann
02-08-10, 16:08
How can you change the channel number on DBEdit? can't see option anywhere - will be a lengthy process. Does anyone know the actual procedure on installing the bouquet's, in the downloads section? As there must be a sequence to what you have to do.

Sicilian
02-08-10, 16:09
Transfer the settings/bouquets using dreamboxedit, but before opening them in dbedit click on options > Advanced tab and check the box allow duplicate entries.

satmann
02-08-10, 19:48
Have tried that and its made no difference, am I missing something? All the HD channels are greyed out but when selected do work.

t.ph
02-08-10, 20:05
Try rescaning the satellite, & going back to the earlier post, dont forget your using someone else's list so the favourites will be what they have setup and it can be a long boring job to sort it out to your exact needs but once you have it right you can always copy,paste etc.
I personaly dont use numbers to go to any channels other than the 5 main terrestial ones obviously numbered 1-5 anything more than that and i would never remember the numbers.

satmann
02-08-10, 20:21
Appreciate what you are saying but why would people spend hours of their time setting these favourites to mirror providers, if they are no good to anyone else? Bearing in mind that every time you re-flash the box you have to do this again - I could be spending a lot of time on this. The kids and missus only know the channel numbers as they were previously spoilt with sly+ and are now looking for the same.

t.ph
02-08-10, 20:30
Your never going to get it the same as SKY because you are pulling in more channels in so the numbers will be different. Set up a new folder (I call mine Favourites) and place it at the top. Then put in that folder your actual favourites ie the channels that you use most often to make it easier to find them. So if you put BBC1 BBC2 ITV3 etc then they will be numbered from 1,2,3 etc

Also if you save your settings then when you reflash etc then you just re-load the same settings time after time. You will obviously have to update the transponder list & rescan every now & then but you will always have your very own favourites.