30-01-12, 00:00
Hi

Does some of you know a good USB DVB-T tuner that support MPEG-4
My receiver is a VU+ Duo with Blackhole image 1.7.1

Stanman
30-01-12, 00:15
This appears to do it
http://www.hauppauge.com.sg/site/products/data_novatdstick.html

and is sold by the forum sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/USB-Digital-Tuners/hauppauge-wintv-nova-t-stick-dvb-t-receiver-hi-speed-usb-00294 drop him a PM to confirm

30-01-12, 20:47
Thanks for your reply Stanman.

The links you sent is actually for 2 different type of tuners.
The one sold by forum sponsor (Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T) does not support MPEG-4
The other one (WinTV-NOVA-TD Stick) support MPEG-4,
Can someone comfirm that this stick will work with VU+ Duo
Does someone know if there is a list of tuners that works with VU+ Duo
Is there af how to guide for Blackhole installing af tuner.

tiesto80
05-02-12, 12:58
Hi share
for mpeg4, am using the Avermedia volar HD nano (A867) on VIX 2.2 .... am not sure if it supported on 2.3 but VIX team can confirm. I do not know its chipset but I didnt manage to install it on the latest 2.3 so i went back to 2.2 image
thanks

glic83
08-02-12, 00:34
Is there a "best " dvb-t tunner to use in Ireland im hearing conflicting reports on what tunner is best but apparently they all have some issue in Ireland,uk doesnt seem to suffer the same issues.

OldSkulRide
08-02-12, 11:06
Thanks for your reply Stanman.

The links you sent is actually for 2 different type of tuners.
The one sold by forum sponsor (Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T) does not support MPEG-4
The other one (WinTV-NOVA-TD Stick) support MPEG-4,
Can someone comfirm that this stick will work with VU+ Duo
Does someone know if there is a list of tuners that works with VU+ Duo
Is there af how to guide for Blackhole installing af tuner.

You are wrong. Ordinary Nova-T stick supports MPEG4 just fine ;) Its software that deals with MPEG4 not hardware.

mcquaim
08-02-12, 11:23
I ordered the pctv nanostick t2 290e the other day so going to try this on Vix 2.3, apparently it works fine. I'm in Ireland too so I will post my findings here for anyone here who would like to know!

judge
08-02-12, 12:25
Is there a "best " dvb-t tunner to use in Ireland im hearing conflicting reports on what tunner is best but apparently they all have some issue in Ireland,uk doesnt seem to suffer the same issues.

I'm in Ireland & I use the Nova T Win TV stick.
It has crashed the box the odd time but generally I find it fairly stable & extremely usable using VIX 2.3.
I had one Irish ch being watched last night, another being recorded (RTE2 HD) & a HD sat ch being recorded all at the same time.
No issues on any of them.

mcquaim
08-02-12, 22:41
I got my PCTV T2 stick today and thanks to silverfox I managed to get it up and running (Needed drivers from the Vix feeds)

I am impressed with how stable it is, hasn't failed as yet and I've ben trying by flicking the channels quite a bit. Couple of things that I will need to do though, Saorview signal is not great where I am currently pointing so the odd pixelation on those channels and doesn't look like FreeView HD is being broadcast from NI where I am picking up that signal from.

I assume it will be fine when it is broadcasting as the SD channels are rock solid.

Now to get a ladder and spin the aerial to point at the local Saorview Antenna :eek:

bassethound
08-02-12, 22:47
Been using my PCTV T2 290e since christmas and has been rock-solid on all channels using the winter hill transmitter

just needs more than the current 4 HD channels to make the stick good value for money

glic83
18-03-12, 20:47
So is the PCTV T2 290e the most stable for use in Ireland?

judge
18-03-12, 20:56
The Nova T works fine for me in Ireland.

glic83
18-03-12, 21:28
They all seem fairly pricy,how much did you pay for your tunner m8?

judge
18-03-12, 21:30
I paid about 35 euros, got it on amazon uk.

pooface
19-03-12, 08:39
Been using my PCTV T2 290e since christmas and has been rock-solid on all channels using the winter hill transmitter

just needs more than the current 4 HD channels to make the stick good value for money

Whereas my t2 doesn't work so well, every so often loosing picture, and still showing full signal...

Sent with Tapatalk

Huevos
19-03-12, 18:58
WinTV Nova T works fine for MPEG4 but it depends what country you are in. In the UK HD freeview channels are transmitted in DVB-T2 so this stick is not compatible, but for many other countries like Ireland or here it works just fine because HD channels are transmitted in DVB-T.