PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-XMLTV] Rytec stability question

Markymark
29-01-12, 11:10
Hi,

May be a silly one, however want to ask before crashing my box. Can my VU UNO cope if I was to download the EPG for many different sats? At the moment I only use the UK ones.

Also does rytec delete the old data it downloads or is slowly it bloating my hard drive?

Rob van der Does
29-01-12, 11:26
May be a silly one, however want to ask before crashing my box. Can my VU UNO cope if I was to download the EPG for many different sats? At the moment I only use the UK ones.
Is your box on ViX and up-to-date (build 204)? If so it will probably be OK. The 'hard' part is during the import: parsing the data takes more memory then it does in the end. To cope with that, a temporary SWAP-file will be made (if a suitable device is attached).
Best way to be sure is just to try! Worst case Enigma2 will restart.

Also does rytec delete the old data it downloads or is slowly it bloating my hard drive?
Rytec 'does' nothing with the EPG data available to the box. All EPG data, regardless of the source, is handled the same way; in other words new data (such as an import) will be added to existing data.
If your present data is known to be foul, there's only one way to deal with that via telnet commands:
1- 'init 4' to stop Enigma2
2- 'rm /media/hdd/epg.dat' to delete the existing data (be aware: you might need to replace 'HDD' by the actual location, and 'epg.dat' by the actual name)
3- 'init 3' to bring back Enigma2

When done you can import whatever data you want.

Markymark
29-01-12, 11:49
Yes I'm on yesterday's update. So I should be able to do 2 or 3 sats then and if all goes wrong it will just restart the box.

Didn't want to do something that may break it.

Rob van der Does
29-01-12, 11:55
No, don't worry: if the box runs into a memory problem, E2 just restarts and nothing will be broken. And then you reset your import settings.
Also the number of days to download extended info is important: that info requires relative much memory.

Markymark
29-01-12, 12:53
So what would you suggest is a good setting for that?

Rob van der Does
29-01-12, 12:56
It all depends on how you use your EPG. If still in doubt about your box capability's I would set it to '2' to start with: if all goes well, you could increase leter on.