PDA

View Full Version : How are you getting on with Vix 2.3.1 (with new kernel) and DTT USB Tuners.

dfdream
28-01-12, 10:06
(SORRY ITS NOT 2.3.1 its 2.3 with latest drivers)

All

My Duo is still on Vix 2.3 with kernel 2.6.18 from 13-12-2011.

I intend to move to latest build today but had seen users initially have issues with DTT before latest online updates were available.

I have Sundtek MediaTV Pro.

How are people finding the latest drivers and DTT.

I have the latest version and updates on my solo but wondering about the DUO.

Last Question - I assume that because I have 2.3 loaded that I dont need to update the bootloader, only install the latest image. YES/NO.

Thanks

D

Larry-G
28-01-12, 10:20
(SORRY ITS NOT 2.3.1 its 2.3 with latest drivers)

All

My Duo is still on Vix 2.3 with kernel 2.6.18 from 13-12-2011.

I intend to move to latest build today but had seen users initially have issues with DTT before latest online updates were available.

I have Sundtek MediaTV Pro.

How are people finding the latest drivers and DTT.

I have the latest version and updates on my solo but wondering about the DUO.

Last Question - I assume that because I have 2.3 loaded that I dont need to update the bootloader, only install the latest image. YES/NO.

Thanks

D

As your running the 2.6.18 kernel you still need to update the bootloader with the newest one so that you can use the 3.1.1 kernel. also note you can not do a online update from a 2.3 image with the older kernel to a 2.3 image with the new one, you must do a fresh flash to the 3.1.1 kernel image.

dfdream
28-01-12, 11:45
Thanks Phoenix.

I think I tried the new kernel version a while back and upgraded the bootloader.

If Im not sure is there any harm in running the bootloader upgrade again.

Larry-G
28-01-12, 11:58
no there is no harm flashing the bootloader again if your not sure you already did it.

Rob van der Does
28-01-12, 12:02
I would say: make a settings & image backup and upgrade. If you're not happy with the result, you can revert to you previous version in 5 minutes.

dfdream
28-01-12, 12:48
Will do..

I see on my VU solo that I updated last night that there is more updates this morning.

Anyone know what they are and what issues are sorted.

birdman99
28-01-12, 21:29
im having nothing but a nightmare with it to be honest and cant get anyone to help ,posts just blanked.

dfdream
01-02-12, 12:52
Did that upgrade Rob and twas a disaster.
The DTT changes channels faster but it shows all the old problems more regularly. Seems alot more buggy. Tune failed, blank screen, slows response of remote etc.
Dont know if this was impacting the box overall but had the 204 build on for 2 days and every few hours the picture would freeze (FTA SAT channel) and the sound would continue. The remote wouldnt work nor would a telnet session. Had to do a hard reboot. Most of this time there wasnt any recordings going on. There is no crash logs either. The HDD is Ext3.

Back now to build 133 and seems alot better.

I would say: make a settings & image backup and upgrade. If you're not happy with the result, you can revert to you previous version in 5 minutes.

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 12:56
Did that upgrade Rob and twas a disaster.
Sorry to hear that. Would have been nice to know if the box did run fine without the DVB-T tuner connected. You have no debug logs of that period?

dfdream
01-02-12, 13:55
No Rob. No Logs.
Had to get it back in action for to do some recordings.
Will have another go at the weekend and use without the usb tuner for a while. I will also update the HDD to Ext4 (sic recommended that on other post).
One question though on vix 2.3 build 133 in downloads feed I had sundtek.drivers (r2) or something like that. There is no sundtek driver in new build. I installed sundtek control centre and it has option to download drivers from sundtek site but I dont know if these are the improved drivers that Andy has said that they have recently rolled out for improved DTT performance.

D

Sorry to hear that. Would have been nice to know if the box did run fine without the DVB-T tuner connected. You have no debug logs of that period?

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 14:29
OK, will see how that goes then.
Ext4 should not make any difference: that only allows for faster large file deletion, buck using the trashcan that makes no difference at all.
About the SundTek drivers: will ask Andy about that.

andyblac
01-02-12, 17:31
the sundtek control centre downloads the latest drivers from sundtek so there was no need to have then in a ipk.

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 17:54
Maybe it's a good idea to contact SundTek's support; as I understand it they're very active and helpful. I've seen quite a number of reports of them solving problems during chat sessions.