PDA

View Full Version : SH-1106 sat meter

Joe90
27-01-12, 23:11
Anyone got any good instructions on how to use this. Especially for aligning a dish
also how to upgrade firmware etc

silverfox0786
27-01-12, 23:58
what you trying to do on it mate

its pre configured for the UK

and if yr outside the UK you need to inform seller during purchase so it can be flashed to the relevent country

you may need to send it back to get it flashed to yr country if yr outside the UK

Rob van der Does
28-01-12, 05:59
what you trying to do on it mate
its pre configured for the UK
and if yr outside the UK you need to inform seller during purchase so it can be flashed to the relevent country
you may need to send it back to get it flashed to yr country if yr outside the UK
Well, to be honest: it doesn't say so on sponsors website. Even more: it says 'Software Upgradeable via USB'.
And if this indeed would be the case, it would be no use for e.g. caravanning.

silverfox0786
28-01-12, 10:14
No yr right it doesn't say and yes I was under the impression it's USB upgradable which it is but there is no loader software or actual files available and upon querying this with sponsor the sponsor had a long chat with manufacturer and was told along those lines I mentioned above

Yes I want to see software too as I have made many changes to my meter and want to back up the data
But until manufacture release software all they said us they will update it if need be and for uk it's fully up-to date before shipping to customer

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

world-of-satellite.co.uk
28-01-12, 10:19
To clear things up, we've been in contact with our supplier, its only software upgradable by the manufacturer, so we've now amended the spec. Its pre-conigured for use in all european countries and Transponders can easilly be added if required manually.

Joe90
28-01-12, 13:01
Thanks all.

Yes I've just got the PDF manual on the mini CD, which is also written in Pigeon english.

With the recent winds my dish has moved a couple of degrees. Previously borrowed a Promax TV Explorer which has spectrum analyser and also identifies the sat. But for £90-£100 dont exoect anything like that. So was just trying to identify the best way of re-aligning. I had thought about moving didh to what it thought was 28.2, and then pull up BBC or ITV channels with INFO to show signal strength. Stepping the motot to see which way and ny how much to get best alignment.

In the end as I wasnt entirely sure, and I knew dish was not too far out, just sent it to 13' and then used satfinder with me by dish and parent on phone by ET9x. by stepping on motor to see how far out, then resetting to 0, and making same offset, then doing a "motor reset". I now have a brilliant signal again.

Have now scanned all "free" channels on 13' so can use SH1106 in future by dish.

Yes and I thought what's the point in being flashed by supplied USB if it has to go back to manufacturer. That dont make sense, also as pigeon instructions also show it VERY BRIEFLY and not enogh to be able to do. Yep, it looks like we need software (from China??) but no source on Net.

Thanks again for a really great 2.3 Image (ET9x).

Oh and Silverfox... you might be a whiz on the sats, but you certainly aint no movie director !! ;)

Maybe you could redo your video now there's no sun about and get someone to hold meter for you, with how you use it.

Thanks again gents

silverfox0786
28-01-12, 13:04
Oh and Silverfox... you might be a whiz on the sats, but you certainly aint no movie director !! ;)

Maybe you could redo your video now there's no sun about and get someone to hold meter for you, with how you use it.

Thanks again gents

i will have you know i was nominated for the emmy for that video :roflmao:

mikuda
05-02-12, 12:48
hy!I need the original software from this device can help me?

mikuda
05-02-12, 12:56
software can copy the machine!

Sicilian
05-02-12, 12:58
hy!I need the original software from this device can help me?

Already told you in your other thread, we do not have the firmware here.